Xpel lawsuit

I don't know , but I do know how long it takes to make a pattern test it for fit and then get it into the software so it doesn't suprise me that after selling most of the tint and ppf patterns from other comp over the last few years that they sudenly have there own program just full of every pattern out there!. I bet theres a few companys that have been waiting for a big company with lots of money to finally do something about it. If there found guilty I hope they get the full Monty that they deserve

Guest Key West
WOW that`s not good.

They exercised bad judgement and looks like they are going to have to pay a large sum for THAT mistake.

I just hope it doesnt put them out of business.

We use American Filter Film and have for 20+ years.

And if they do go out? :dunno So what? Someone will fill that void so fast you won't even notice.

There are different aspects to this situation.

The individual patterns would seem to me be the property of the car manufacturers rather than a specific software company. That question is a key factor.

Certainly any proprietary algorithms or copyrighted material that is the intellectual property of XPel should be protected.

I wouldn't ever jump to any conclusions in the short-term. It seems to me they went down this road before with TinTek 2020, right? :dunno

I feel that theres never smoke with out fire and most pattern makers usually have something in there that is set up a certain way that most people wouldn't know it's there , so when copied it's obvious it's there work. but all along knowing and proving is 2 diff things. if nothing happens hope fully it will make others think twice before they borrow stuff.

Archived