brand new to tinting

Guest sturg02

Guest sturg02

Hi all, my name is Ryan and the idea hit me that this could be a decent thing to get into. My uncle owns a car wash and detail shop with enough room for me to set up shop if I want. This is where it gets tricky. Ive never tinted before. I love cars, I detail them but the thought never really crossed my mind, until I handed this guy $175 to do my truck in 45 mins. Im not even sure where to start. I bought some tools from 44tools. I was considering trial and error on my gf's car of course, but is there a better way? Also where should I buy film from? I know these questions are rediculous to some but hey I got to start somewhere.

Thanks Guys,

Ryan

The guys at 44tools.com have classes on window tinting. If you are close or able to drive/fly there it would be well worth the initial expense if you are truly serious about getting into the business. It would also be a good way to form a relationship with them since they sell LLumar film as well. They just dont advertise the film online. Their local business name is Performance Tools Distributing. Give them a call. Tell them Jim from Lindsay Tint referred you.

Performance Tools Distributing

6365 Shier-Rings Rd.

Dublin, OH 43016

Phone: 866-448-6657

International / Direct: 614-766-6985

Fax: 614-766-0201

Email: info@44tools.com

Chris Welker chris@44tools.com

Guest sturg02

Im from South Carolina. There are a few local guys here and I was thinking of asking if I could train with them. I kinda figure they would give me a hell no since I would be competition shortly after.

Hi all, my name is Ryan and the idea hit me that this could be a decent thing to get into. My uncle owns a car wash and detail shop with enough room for me to set up shop if I want. This is where it gets tricky. Ive never tinted before. I love cars, I detail them but the thought never really crossed my mind, until I handed this guy $175 to do my truck in 45 mins. Im not even sure where to start. I bought some tools from 44tools. I was considering trial and error on my gf's car of course, but is there a better way? Also where should I buy film from? I know these questions are rediculous to some but hey I got to start somewhere.

Thanks Guys,

Ryan

the trial and error thing is how I got started 7 years ago. at first I hated it. but somehow my custies kept spreading the word so I was continually forced to do the jobs and fortuntely got better at it over the years. but I honestly don't recommend this. there were too many times I was worried about how the job was going to turn out rather than having the correct knowledge on carrying out specific window tinting procedures. this worked for me but I don't know about the next person. and as far as getting schooled be a shop thats already established, give it shot!. these guys already have a reputation. they may charge you a fee for teaching u the ropes. if u thinks its worth it, go for it! if they turn u down on this , at least you'll know-good luck!

bananarock.gif

Guest sturg02

Ill give it a try, couldnt hurt anything by asking. Would any of you guys honestly take a newbie under your wing if you knew they would be competition? Actually now that I think about it, I might say that im from a few towns over when I ask.

Ill give it a try, couldnt hurt anything by asking. Would any of you guys honestly take a newbie under your wing if you knew they would be competition? Actually now that I think about it, I might say that im from a few towns over when I ask.

The answer from basically everybody would be 'no' if you're in their backyard. But if you got somebody a ways away to train you... I worked for my cousin for awhile before I got into it, I would never just dive in with nobody to show me the basics and help me along :rollin

Archived