• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Call Howard at Express in Danbury CT and ask for a sample roll. You will be impressed. :thumb

What would you say is so impressive about it?

First I would have to say Howard and his crew are a class act. Second I havent seen any film in there price range that comes close to Global IR clarity and adhesive tack. And by the way is any other film manu giving free ceramic samples rolls or an extra 10 feet of film?

Guest vclimber
Call Howard at Express in Danbury CT and ask for a sample roll. You will be impressed. :thumb

First I would have to say Howard and his crew are a class act. Second I havent seen any film in there price range that comes close to Global IR clarity and adhesive tack. And by the way is any other film manu giving free ceramic samples rolls or an extra 10 feet of film?

Good service and free rolls aside... that's not what I was getting at.

Look, quality, and performance is what I am curious about. How is the film constructed? (Is it ceramic or IR absorbing dye? Weatherable Polyester or are UV absorbers in the adhesive only?) How does it look? (Low Angle Haze?) How does it perform? (A good 70%vlt can pull a .45 SHGC and 99.9% UV rej) 72" widths avail?

Good service and free rolls aside... that's not what I was getting at.

Look, quality, and performance is what I am curious about. How is the film constructed? (Is it ceramic or IR absorbing dye? Weatherable Polyester or are UV absorbers in the adhesive only?) How does it look? (Low Angle Haze?) How does it perform? (A good 70%vlt can pull a .45 SHGC and 99.9% UV rej) 72" widths avail?

Those are very well thought out questions and I am sorry if I gave the impression that I was a global expert. Please forgive me. You called me on this one. But let me take a crack at part of this request. The look? well like I said for the money it aint to damn bad. Quality? Show me a quality film. I dare you. Performance?At this point nobody knows the long term performance of this new technology But, I bet if you called Express 1-800- filmnow and asked for Howard he would be more than happy to answer all your techie questions. Haze? Did you say Purple Haze? "Excuse me while I kiss the SKY!"As for as for this 25 year veteran hack what do I know. :hmmm And by the way what would you need a 72" auto roll for? We are talking about auto tint arent we?

Guest vclimber
Those are very well thought out questions and I am sorry if I gave the impression that I was a global expert. Please forgive me. You called me on this one. But let me take a crack at part of this request. The look? well like I said for the money it aint to damn bad. Quality? Show me a quality film. I dare you. Performance?At this point nobody knows the long term performance of this new technology But, I bet if you called Express 1-800- filmnow and asked for Howard he would be more than happy to answer all your techie questions. Haze? Did you say Purple Haze? "Excuse me while I kiss the SKY!"As for as for this 25 year veteran hack what do I know. :hmmm And by the way what would you need a 72" auto roll for? We are talking about auto tint arent we?

Auto? :thumb Flatglass is the game and you can't play without 72" these days...

Well though out comes from making the mistake of not getting answers to these questions before I invest in a new product. This hack is not going down that road ever again... When I see someone on this board say "you will be impressed" with a particular film, I want more qualification from a fellow pro... especially a 25yr veteran. Wouldn't you?

Those are very well thought out questions and I am sorry if I gave the impression that I was a global expert. Please forgive me. You called me on this one. But let me take a crack at part of this request. The look? well like I said for the money it aint to damn bad. Quality? Show me a quality film. I dare you.

That's an interesting comment, very interesting.

I have ideas about what you mean, but could you please elaborate?

Archived