coolkote

Guest marcm

Guest marcm

Hi all,

I see that it has been discussed before about the application externally. Why is it better to apply externally surely the film will have a longer life if applied internally as no harsh weather.

The only reason I can think of is that it acts as the barrier before the solar heat hits the panel therefore more heat rejected because it doesnt get chance to warm the air in the panel.

I also can only find one reasonably priced supplier for coolkote are there any others in the UK that I can try, or anyone here who can supply ?

Thanks.

I purchase Cool Kote through my Solar Gard Distributor. They sell it as Silver Shade. Apparently they tell me Cool Kote is the only manufacturer of a film for Polycarbonate but they sell it to other producers under liscence to sell it with a different name as their own. Not sure if price works out any different.

I know many of the large commercial installations of window film are put on the outside as it is more effective at reflecting heat and gives the maximum Heat Gain Reduction figures. Companies which undertake an energy audit to equate the installation of film against savings in air conditioning costs find even with the cost of replacing the film every two years (its outdoor guaranteed lifespan of say silver 20 film) it is more cost effective to install externally, than have a lower rate of return but a ten year lifespan internally.

I presume Cool kote is similar, being slightly more effective externally, but as its lifetime is only 5 years internally and 1 year external (also as its more expensive than standard glass films) it is probably not so cost effective to replace it every year externally , especially as most polycarbonate customers are residential who want longevity over a few more percent heat reduction.

Only other Polycarbonate film I've come accross is Solarstat, which is sold as a DIY film as it has no adhesive and only stays on by static. no experience of using it though.

Hi mates,

My name is Michael from the company SOLAR SCREEN INTERNATIONAL S.A. (http://www.solarscreen.eu), if you are interested in the product Coolkote. We propose it in our range of products as Metalux brand name (for polycarbonates from Mac Tac).

If this can be of interest for you, we have many resellers in United Kingdom and Ireland I could advise you.

Available for any further information (Samples / data sheet / prices etc..).

Cheers,

Michael

Guest kevinn13

If your in the UK try window films direct there quite good for coolkote did my house and my mothers. There site is www.windowfilmsdirect.com I just emailed sizes and breif description and they give a quote.

hope this helps

Guest shadowline

You two not the same people by chance?? You reply 14 months later to a post and have a very bad history of grammer!!! Not bumping your post by chance??? :spit

If your in the UK try window films direct there quite good for coolkote did my house and my mothers. There site is www.windowfilmsdirect.com I just emailed sizes and breif description and they give a quote.

hope this helps

"Their site"? You mean your site don't you? The email you registered with is @windowfilmsdirect.com and the last 3 posts you made had hidden links to windowfilmsdirect.com.

Those post have now been deleted and you are on moderator preview for any further posts.

Archived