Question on Painting Interior Plastic

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

post-23738-1205940214.jpgI have a firebird with the lighter colored interior. I want either a black or a real dark charcoal. Should I try to paint it? I really don't want to spend the money on buying all new plastic, I'd rather just deal with it. And I definately don't want to paint it and it not stick. So what paint, additaves, and prep work needs to be done?

I'm talking about door panels, dash, and everything plastic in the car!

Guest DangerousDarren
post-23738-1205940214.jpgI have a firebird with the lighter colored interior. I want either a black or a real dark charcoal. Should I try to paint it? I really don't want to spend the money on buying all new plastic, I'd rather just deal with it. And I definately don't want to paint it and it not stick. So what paint, additaves, and prep work needs to be done?

I'm talking about door panels, dash, and everything plastic in the car!

I have done them, if done right it turns out nice. Use SEM brand paint made for plastic and vinyl, you can get it at a good parts store that carries paint supplies. You want to go over it with a scotchbrite pad and use either SEM prep or paint prep. Satin looks better than gloss I think, because it is closer to the original sheen. Hope this helps.

Archived