auto alarms

Guest secretagentswole
IMO, if u dont know anything about alarms, I would say its a lil late to get into it. all these new cars and thier problems with alarm installs. its all BS! the industry of alarms installation is going down the drain. all these new cars have remote start and its just going to get better each year....from the factory. once u start attempting to bypass that...u asking for trouble. I know guys that been doin it for 20 years that dont want to have anything to do with the new cars. some are ok, most are a nightmares. Its a garrantee that you will eventually learn the hard way by calling a tow truck to get a vehicle sent to the dealer to get reprogrammed....at you expense. is all that worth a stupid alarm that wasted your whole day already? I have done them in the past when they werent so hard...now I totally refuse to get under a dash. the most you will get me doing is a "simple" radio install. and if in the middle of it I find out that there is BS to make it not so simple, I hand it off. Tinting is too simple to waste time dealing with alarms.

kinda like when all this 32v %&$# came out man, I was like f**k this %&$#. Were gonna fry somin, iam out!! I started 12v when I was 16 in 96 and got out went straight tint in 01.

IMO, if u dont know anything about alarms, I would say its a lil late to get into it. all these new cars and thier problems with alarm installs. its all BS! the industry of alarms installation is going down the drain. all these new cars have remote start and its just going to get better each year....from the factory. once u start attempting to bypass that...u asking for trouble. I know guys that been doin it for 20 years that dont want to have anything to do with the new cars. some are ok, most are a nightmares. Its a garrantee that you will eventually learn the hard way by calling a tow truck to get a vehicle sent to the dealer to get reprogrammed....at you expense. is all that worth a stupid alarm that wasted your whole day already? I have done them in the past when they werent so hard...now I totally refuse to get under a dash. the most you will get me doing is a "simple" radio install. and if in the middle of it I find out that there is BS to make it not so simple, I hand it off. Tinting is too simple to waste time dealing with alarms.

kool,I understand that very well. how about adding :thumb to my list of trades?!! :asshat: :asshat:

Guest naughtydog

I dont wish to appear rude...but if you are not up with the latest vehicle systems and you have no history or experience installing vehicle security, I think you are asking for trouble.

I have been installing alarms for over 20 years now...and I now choose to pass up most jobs. The new cars are becoming more difficult to install to, just getting a siren wire through the firewall can be a major obstacle these days.

Mr P is of the same mindset as me - steer well clear and look for some other less riskier opportunity.

I've been doing alarms and remote starts for about 7 years. They are becoming a pain in the arse to do now on the new cars. If you dont want to do the pain in the arse car then pick and choose the easy cars charge through the roof for the hard cars. I still think the basic alarms are gravy. for the basic I still can make $130 profit in about a half to an hour. :thumb

Archived