Where can I get film?

Guest hometheaterman

Guest hometheaterman

I've never really tinted house windows other than playing around with some scrap car tint I had to see if I liked it? Where can I get some tint without spending a couple hundred dollars? I basically want enough to do 1 window maybe 2. Might not be bad to have a little extra incase I mess up but I don't need a huge roll. Basically I think a roll of the car tint like you get at Wal-Mart for $13 would be enough if I got a couple rolls except for the fact it's way too narrow and it seems like I can't get it to look good if I try to piece it together.

Does tint for the house come in the same %'s that car tint does? I put 5% car tint on my windows when messing around with them and I think thats similar to the shade I'd like to have.

Guest Key West
I've never really tinted house windows other than playing around with some scrap car tint I had to see if I liked it? Where can I get some tint without spending a couple hundred dollars? I basically want enough to do 1 window maybe 2. Might not be bad to have a little extra incase I mess up but I don't need a huge roll. Basically I think a roll of the car tint like you get at Wal-Mart for $13 would be enough if I got a couple rolls except for the fact it's way too narrow and it seems like I can't get it to look good if I try to piece it together.

Does tint for the house come in the same %'s that car tint does? I put 5% car tint on my windows when messing around with them and I think thats similar to the shade I'd like to have.

Any other Questions? Glad I could help! :dunno

Guest secretagentswole

Any other Questions? Glad I could help! :krazy

y dont you help the guy out instead of making him feel like a goon?

dude, get in the phone book and call you local residential tint guy and see if he will sell you a couple square feet. if its single pane glass you can use automotive film. yes the % are the same. good luck. sorry no one else helped you sooner.

Guest darkdan

The price to do one or two windows would be practically nothing and the quality of product (compared to what you can buy) and install at that price would be well worth it.

Plus, since you do home theater plenty of tinters would love to work WITH you and your customers so both of you can make more money. Have a customer concerned about glare on their new plasma? Refer it to a real tinter, he makes some money, and gives you a finder's fee.

Guest JUSTIN
The price to do one or two windows would be practically nothing and the quality of product (compared to what you can buy) and install at that price would be well worth it.

Plus, since you do home theater plenty of tinters would love to work WITH you and your customers so both of you can make more money. Have a customer concerned about glare on their new plasma? Refer it to a real tinter, he makes some money, and gives you a finder's fee.

:twocents

Guest willie

well said DD :asshat:

Archived