Heater Lines were removed

Guest Da Beach

Guest Da Beach

Hey all...Need help for a dealer or tint shop owner. He called me to ask for my opinion and asked if I knew how to prevent heater lines from being removed.

He recently did a 2008 Mustang GT (OUCH! :poop ) anyway, customer complained of a crease on top corner of back glass. Owner of the Mustang was asked to come back a week later. When he did and the film (Global QDP) was being removed, the heater lines came off with it :poop .

Is there any technique or preventive measure from this happening again? Has this ever happened to you? How did you explain to customer it's not your fault that the tint is so strong to remove the metal off the lines?

Add any other info that can be helpful.

Please help, Thank you in advance. :krazy

Guest secretagentswole
Hey all...Need help for a dealer or tint shop owner. He called me to ask for my opinion and asked if I knew how to prevent heater lines from being removed.

He recently did a 2008 Mustang GT (OUCH! :poop ) anyway, customer complained of a crease on top corner of back glass. Owner of the Mustang was asked to come back a week later. When he did and the film (Global QDP) was being removed, the heater lines came off with it :poop .

Is there any technique or preventive measure from this happening again? Has this ever happened to you? How did you explain to customer it's not your fault that the tint is so strong to remove the metal off the lines?

were they sweating the tint off?

were they scraping the glass with a razor blade?

need more info.

He recently did a 2008 Mustang GT (OUCH! :poop ) anyway, customer complained of a crease on top corner of back glass. Owner of the Mustang was asked to come back a week later. When he did and the film (Global QDP) was being removed, the heater lines came off with it :spam .

yep happened to me on an 08 suburban same film but I didn't use anything to heat it up just pulled it off and it made the defrost line blotchy still orange in some spots black in others im hoping it just took some of the coating off the lines, never heard back from the customer hopefully they still work :poop . From now on use a steamer or let the window sit out in the sun for a couple hours the film should come off nicely either leaving glue behine or not but atleast the lines will be fine. The steamer has always worked for us :poop

Ive had Heater lines come off with film before...

When you remove the film, the heater lines actually come off on the film...

Bloody nasty....

Happened on abt 4 cars so far,

On some Kia's when your cleaning the rear screen, they come off...

no offense, but threads like may scare potential window tint customers away :lol

If customers learn anything from this thread it's to NOT get their car tinted at the dealership.

For the original poster, dealerships have no business tinting cars, this is just another example why, and yes there are good ways to remove film that wont tear off the defrosters, there are about a million websites that describe the procedures including this one.

Thank you and good night.

Guest tintgod
no offense, but threads like may scare potential window tint customers away :twocents

If customers learn anything from this thread it's to NOT get their car tinted at the dealership.

For the original poster, dealerships have no business tinting cars, this is just another example why, and yes there are good ways to remove film that wont tear off the defrosters, there are about a million websites that describe the procedures including this one.

Thank you and good night.

im not sure where a dealership come in to this? :rollin

Archived