What happened to the TV news?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised there aren't more responses to this thread.

Doesn't anyone care about world events or how they are/aren't reported?

I don't know about you guys, but living in the end times is pretty dang compelling. I always wondered when I was a kid reading about the end times how people could be so apathetic as to not see it happening all around them, well I guess now we know. :lol :lol

Guest CajunTinter
I sort of remember when they at least attempted to appear to cover important news, but now it's this Clinton/Obama contrived malarkey 24/7.
Wag the Dog.

Our economy is crap, 5 years in Iraq, govenors are getting h**okers. Hey look a black man and a woman want to be president! :lol

I don't know about you guys, but living in the end times is pretty dang compelling. I always wondered when I was a kid reading about the end times how people could be so apathetic as to not see it happening all around them, well I guess now we know. :lol2:lol

I gave up on responding to political posts; since I always seem to pizz people off :beer :beer :beer

HOWEVER..... Here's my :lol2 ... networks run stories to advance their agendas... For the last 40+ years all we heard was the news slanted to the left.... Nowadays we have the 24 hr news cycle and only one network that reports the news from both sides of the isle... It's a shame while at war we hear how much America is hated while we have done so much good in the world only to have the mainstream network media bury all the good our military has done overseas.

I sort of remember when they at least attempted to appear to cover important news, but now it's this Clinton/Obama contrived malarkey 24/7.
Wag the Dog.

Our economy is crap, 5 years in Iraq, govenors are getting h**okers. Hey look a black man and a woman want to be president! :lol

I don't know about you guys, but living in the end times is pretty dang compelling. I always wondered when I was a kid reading about the end times how people could be so apathetic as to not see it happening all around them, well I guess now we know. :lol2:lol

I gave up on responding to political posts; since I always seem to pizz people off :beer :beer :beer

HOWEVER..... Here's my :lol2 ... networks run stories to advance their agendas... For the last 40+ years all we heard was the news slanted to the left.... Nowadays we have the 24 hr news cycle and only one network that reports the news from both sides of the isle... It's a shame while at war we hear how much America is hated while we have done so much good in the world only to have the mainstream network media bury all the good our military has done overseas.

I'm sometimes reluctant to post about how the world is coming to an end because it always gets into this false left/right paradigm.

Personally, I don't view the world by their left/right definitions. I don't think many could even define left vs. right these days.

Guest General Sun Shield

I don't know about you guys, but living in the end times is pretty dang compelling. I always wondered when I was a kid reading about the end times how people could be so apathetic as to not see it happening all around them, well I guess now we know. :lol:lol

True.

I figure it is out of my hands anyway :beer

I keep up with the world events as best as I can,but it gets pretty damn depressing at times.

They only show the negative in the world , it's like a car accident, everyone slows down to look.

Ever notice how they will run 24 hour coverage about a govenors s*x life ..."who gives a :beer anyway" ... and the average guy with a family and a full time job who helps out underprivlaged children in his "free" time gets a 90 second spot?

I like to keep up with the events, but it would be refreshing to see how people are also helping out thier neighbors also. :lol2

Archived