What happened to the TV news?

I'm surprised there aren't more responses to this thread.

Doesn't anyone care about world events or how they are/aren't reported?

I don't know about you guys, but living in the end times is pretty dang compelling. I always wondered when I was a kid reading about the end times how people could be so apathetic as to not see it happening all around them, well I guess now we know. :lol2:lol

True.

I figure it is out of my hands anyway :lol

I keep up with the world events as best as I can,but it gets pretty damn depressing at times.

They only show the negative in the world , it's like a car accident, everyone slows down to look.

Ever notice how they will run 24 hour coverage about a govenors s*x life ..."who gives a :beer anyway" ... and the average guy with a family and a full time job who helps out underprivlaged children in his "free" time gets a 90 second spot?

I like to keep up with the events, but it would be refreshing to see how people are also helping out thier neighbors also. :lol2

Amen to that. That's one thing I like about this place, most of the time we get to help each other out, or hear stories about helping others, like some here do.

I guess the point of my original post about the TV news was how different it is from the news you can get on the net. I mean there is some really serious stuff going on, but you never hear about it in the mass media, and it just bums me out that so many people just get spoon fed information from the controlled media.

Not trying to ruffle anyones feathers, and I'm certainly not trying to insult anyones political or religious beliefs, but we should be able to talk about these things rationally and like adults. :beer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest General Sun Shield
I'm surprised there aren't more responses to this thread.

Doesn't anyone care about world events or how they are/aren't reported?

I don't know about you guys, but living in the end times is pretty dang compelling. I always wondered when I was a kid reading about the end times how people could be so apathetic as to not see it happening all around them, well I guess now we know. :lol2:lol

True.

I figure it is out of my hands anyway :lol

I keep up with the world events as best as I can,but it gets pretty damn depressing at times.

They only show the negative in the world , it's like a car accident, everyone slows down to look.

Ever notice how they will run 24 hour coverage about a govenors s*x life ..."who gives a :beer anyway" ... and the average guy with a family and a full time job who helps out underprivlaged children in his "free" time gets a 90 second spot?

I like to keep up with the events, but it would be refreshing to see how people are also helping out thier neighbors also. :lol2

Amen to that. That's one thing I like about this place, most of the time we get to help each other out, or hear stories about helping others, like some here do.

I guess the point of my original post about the TV news was how different it is from the news you can get on the net. I mean there is some really serious stuff going on, but you never hear about it in the mass media, and it just bums me out that so many people just get spoon fed information from the controlled media.

Not trying to ruffle anyones feathers, and I'm certainly not trying to insult anyones political or religious beliefs, but we should be able to talk about these things rationally and like adults. :beer

The Controlled Media..Could not have said it better.

Guest Crackz

the news plays what the government wants them to play and and the average public is brain washed by the media and dosent even realize what the hell is even going on around them they just grin and bear it and make due to what every one else is doing its a fricking competition between you and your neighbor and the guy down the block who could be in more debt and have more toys than even think whats going on in the world today

That's the friggin truth.

I wonder how many people heard that the words "Mom" and "Dad" have been banned in the California Schools and signed into law by our "conservative" governator?

Not many I bet.

How many know that home schooling was just banned here?

Not many I bet.

Guest General Sun Shield

I wonder how many people heard that the words "Mom" and "Dad" have been banned in the California Schools and signed into law by our "conservative" governator?

Not many I bet.

Not many I bet.

Crazy :lol ! I bet the words dad and boyfriend are ok.

I have nothing against anyones beliefs , sexual preferance , or anything,but why should my family be silenced about how we live and our lifestyle? My son's friends mother got a phone call from the school asking them to please explain that he can not talk about the church youth group trip we went on!!! Not because of where we went , but because it was a "relegious" activity.

Total BS...but 2 girls can hold hands & kiss in the same school?? hmmmmmmmmm.

Not many I bet.

Not many I bet.

Crazy :lol ! I bet the words dad and boyfriend are ok.

I have nothing against anyones beliefs , sexual preferance , or anything,but why should my family be silenced about how we live and our lifestyle? My son's friends mother got a phone call from the school asking them to please explain that he can not talk about the church youth group trip we went on!!! Not because of where we went , but because it was a "relegious" activity.

Total BS...but 2 girls can hold hands & kiss in the same school?? hmmmmmmmmm.

Bingo, but it's OK to have textbooks like "Heather has two mommys", or teach the religion of evolution, but it's now illegal to say the words "mom" or "dad" or to teach your own child at home?

The government is incompetent at best at low levels and totally corrupt at higher levels, and we keep looking to them for help? We depend on them for our information? What the hell is wrong with this picture?

I know many of you are Christians, and by definition you know that governments will serve Satan in the latter days, yet none of us speak up about it for fear of being shunned by man.

Archived