Dot Matrix posing problem, just got done today.

Guest Spectrum_16

At the first shop I tinted for we always had each customer come back in a week to do a follow up on the car, press down seams and dots if needed.

Back then we were all doing seamed rear windows and having them come back in a week for a "seam press" was totally standard. These days it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for any shop to give the customer a care and cleaning sheet, explain the dot situation and let them know you'd like to see the car in a week, BEFORE this installation begins.

This kind of thing sets a shop apart from cheaper shops.

Guest thatsnappyguy
I guess I'm different. I don't like to see the customer again until they have a new car. :thumb

same here. I feel that I am too busy to do that many follow ups. that would be interfearing with my tintdude time.

Guest TINTEM
At the first shop I tinted for we always had each customer come back in a week to do a follow up on the car, press down seams and dots if needed.

Back then we were all doing seamed rear windows and having them come back in a week for a "seam press" was totally standard. These days it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for any shop to give the customer a care and cleaning sheet, explain the dot situation and let them know you'd like to see the car in a week, BEFORE this installation begins.

This kind of thing sets a shop apart from cheaper shops.

I've Started doing that now I give them the Info Before Now. I just got burn on one that now makes me give as much info as I can remember BEFORE Install.

Archived