What to look for in a location.

Next to a car wash :beer:evilgrin:lolbikini_car_19.jpg

found a killer place next to an oil change, however its right behind it and not super visible from the main road. folks may miss it. some have said location isn't super important once word gets out where you are. however, I feel like a lot of traffic would make it or break it. great idea though. oh, and great pic too. :lol

Depends what type of business model you're going for and what your long term goals are :thumb

Oh... and I'd hit that. :lol:beer

Next to a car wash :lol2:thumb:lol2bikini_car_19.jpg

found a killer place next to an oil change, however its right behind it and not super visible from the main road. folks may miss it. some have said location isn't super important once word gets out where you are. however, I feel like a lot of traffic would make it or break it. great idea though. oh, and great pic too. :lol2

Depends what type of business model you're going for and what your long term goals are :thumb

Oh... and I'd hit that. :lol2:lol2

Near car dealership would be good. Its good to do dealer cars till you build up a reputation .

Once word gets out it will help you reputation if you have been doing a good job but that can take a while and even if the word is out Location can bring in people who havent heard of you. People out of the loop or new to the area. I am on a major US highway just one building from a red light and I have been there going on 14 years yet I still have people say that they have been living in the area all their life and never noticed or knew I was there. I would hate to know if I were on a back street or less traffic area. One thing I have heard alot of customers say that they have seen the cars that I have tinted and have sitting out front by the road and that is what brought them in.

Location is key

Most of my customers are referals or repeat but each year it seems to get bigger and those walkins that drove by and either saw cars I tinted or my shop sure are a welcome and a well appreciated occurance.

Word of Mouth is great but traffic in front of your establishment is the key to making lots of $ as well as Quality work!!! Poor location---->Lots of $ advertising---->OUCH!!! Great Location----->Higher Rent----->Brighter Future!!! All the shops I look for have to have great visiblity from a road that does 80k-120k vehicles per day!!! It's also good to be at an intersection or in an auto park!!! Finding a shop in an area where there is already an established shop and lowballing to get business can be a painful mistake...make sure your insurance is up to date because bad things happen when you take potential $ from other people who are established!!! Mob Mentality starts to kick in!!!

Archived