In light of things that have happened here

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CleanCutter

Without getting too deep into it "Roid Rage" is 99% myth, 1% anecdotal facts coupled with other extenuating circumstances.

A person who acts out in that manner while on certain forms of hormones is typically already predisposed to that sort of behavior. NO ONE has been on juice ONLY and went nuts, it's always with a ton of other meds (usually pain management meds). It's akin to saying steroids give you brain cancer because ONE GUY who admitted to using them died of a brain tumor (Lyle Alzado). If that were true, there wouldn't be just ONE GUY. Schwarzenegger used Dianabol in the 70's like it was his primary food source and has had zero negative affects from it (yes, I know about the valve replacement, that was congenital, not environmental) and he is typical of most users.

It's like saying steroids caused Chris Benoit to kill his wife and innocent son. Nooo, a bat %&$# crazy bastard who's gotten his brains bashed in every night for 10 years does that, juice had nothing to do with it.

Hormones are no different than many other prescribed medications and contrary to popular belief, are NOT illegal, but like Oxycontin, Lortab, BIRTH CONTROL ... it's all in the way it's used and a Dr. can prescribe it for the right person if it is something they are deficient in or in need of for other reasons. Goes without saying, if you're 23yo, 6', 235lbs and 5% body fat - YOU don't NEED it and have no business using it. But I see nothing wrong with a 65yo man who's gone through andopause and is one of the 20% of men who no longer produce they're own testosterone using it.

And no, I'm not using. merely playing the realistic devil's advocate role and not blindly believing everything I'm told. They ARE harmful, if used wrong. But so is chugging 3 gallons of water at one time.

Now reasons for use can be a totally different issue and for the young guys who are doing it for appearances sake, it probably is all rooted in vanity. But whatever, good for them I suppose. I'm in the gym 2 hours a day and see them all the time, if that's their cup of tea I suppose. Personally, for me, I don't have enough dedication to eat every two hours and shave my forearms everyday. It's just not a look I have time for.

I for one think it should just be made legal like it is in the rest of the entire damn world and regulated. You wanna do juice, fine. Go see your endocrinologist, get your blood tests, get a 'script and go in 2x a week for your shots. Just leave me out of it.

Guest CleanCutter
:thumb

barry_bonds_before_steroids_aster_2.jpgbarry_roids_3.jpg

I'm missing something... was this to be a "before and after" type thing? The guy in the black (after?) does NOT look like he's on steroids - at all. Total lack of water retention, you could take all the Nolvadex and Tamoxifen they made and it wouldn't dry you out that much. Looks more like he simply spent 3 hours a day in the gym for 6 months with his private personal trainer and only ate what his personal dietitian prepared for him. I imagine he has the time and money for that... since baseball is his only job.

Steroids are only "ruining" sports because your political representative needs a new bully pulpit to pound on. NOW they're a problem? Now that 30 years has passed since the high point of usage has elapsed? Once again, I see our government is on top of the most pressing issues of the day. Maybe as soon as we can go ahead and put the final nail in our coffin and elect a Democrat to the high office, we can get our national Hillary Care and then all the baseball players can get their 'roids gratis of the feds.

I guess Sports Illustrated is full of crap then :thumb

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/base...erpt/index.html

Bonds has been a RACIST piece of crap his whole career :lol2 now you can add steriod freak to that as well and EVERYBODY knows it. :beer

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/maga...0313/index.html

I'm missing something... was this to be a "before and after" type thing? The guy in the black (after?) does NOT look like he's on steroids - at all. Total lack of water retention, you could take all the Nolvadex and Tamoxifen they made and it wouldn't dry you out that much. Looks more like he simply spent 3 hours a day in the gym for 6 months with his private personal trainer and only ate what his personal dietitian prepared for him. I imagine he has the time and money for that... since baseball is his only job.

Yes I think your missing something :lol

The authors, Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, describe in sometimes day-to-day, dr*g-by-dr*g detail how often and how deeply Bonds engaged in the persistent doping. For instance, the authors write that by 2001, when Bonds broke Mark McGwire's single-season home-run record (70) by belting 73, Bonds was using two designer steroids referred to as the Cream and the Clear, as well as insulin, human growth hormone, testosterone decanoate (a fast-acting steroid known as Mexican beans) and trenbolone, a steroid created to improve the muscle quality of cattle.

BALCO tracked Bonds' usage with doping calendars and folders -- detailing dr*gs, quantities, intervals and Bonds' testosterone levels -- that wound up in the hands of federal agents upon their Sept. 3, 2003 raid of the Burlingame, Calif., business.

Depending on the substance, Bonds used the dr*gs in virtually every conceivable form: injecting himself with a syringe or being injected by his trainer, Greg Anderson, swallowing pills, placing drops of liquid under his tongue, and, in the case of BALCO's notorious testosterone-based cream, applying it topically.

According to the book, Bonds gulped as many as 20 pills at a time and was so deeply reliant on his regimen that he ordered Anderson to start "cycles" -- a prescribed period of steroid use lasting about three weeks -- even when he was not due to begin one. Steroid users typically stop usage for a week or two periodically to allow the body to continue to produce natural testosterone; otherwise, such production diminishes or ceases with the continued introduction of synthetic forms of the muscle-building hormone.

Bonds called for the re-starting of cycles when he felt his energy and power start to drop. If Anderson told Bonds he was not due for another cycle, the authors write, Bonds would tell him, "F--- off, I'll do it myself.''

Archived