snapping rollups

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do it with the liner side facing you.

Here is a sample vid I made a while back.

As you see in the video, I pull back the part of the tint I want to curl and I blow heat behind and on thel eadign edge of the film, doing this will curl the film slightly. The trick is knowing how much heat is enough because you can curl the film TOO MUCH.

You will see in the vid that the film gets curled and pulls away from the peeling glass, thats about the amount of curl you want to put in the film. I then smooth the film back down with my hands just for the purpouse of showing how the film will lay back on the window.

When you get this method down it only takes about 5 seconds or so.

I havent got it to work on a bug that has crazy fingers but I get it to work on everything else very well.

This is a technique that has been around for years :thumb I dont what people to think I came up with this because I didnt :lol2

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=YFT6MlhY45I

Guest Crackz

I set the film on the door about a inch higher than the molding and peel it up from the bottom and curl the edge slightly it should look like a small smile when done :thumb

I tried that snapping technique today. still ended up with fingers while installing. do I need to heat it on the liner side or film side. and what should it look like when I'm done. any suggestions would greatly be appreciated :thumb

what car was it on?

I tried that snapping technique today. still ended up with fingers while installing. do I need to heat it on the liner side or film side. and what should it look like when I'm done. any suggestions would greatly be appreciated :thumb

what car was it on?

it was about an 06 pontiac bonneville

Guest MsMarco

As you see in the video, I pull back the part of the tint I want to curl and I blow heat behind and on thel eadign edge of the film, doing this will curl the film slightly. The trick is knowing how much heat is enough because you can curl the film TOO MUCH.

You will see in the vid that the film gets curled and pulls away from the peeling glass, thats about the amount of curl you want to put in the film. I then smooth the film back down with my hands just for the purpouse of showing how the film will lay back on the window.

I havent got it to work on a bug that has crazy fingers but I get it to work on everything else very well.

This is a technique that has been around for years :thumb I dont what people to think I came up with this because I didnt :evilgrin

Know I see how the snapping is done, awesome video :beer

Guest Texstar

This is a technique that has been around for years :evilgrin I dont what people to think I came up with this because I didnt :beer

Nice vid. Can you do it with two peices at a time if you double cut, or is it better to do it to each one individually :thumb

I have tried it with 2 but didnt have as good of results.

It may be one of those things that if you practice at it enough you probably could get it to work with 2.

That would really save time.

Guest thatsnappyguy

I have done it with 2, but with some films the 2 layers blister off each other and it doesnt get a good even "arch" when I double cut, I serparte them and snap individually.

Archived