Commercial window tip

Guest darkdan

Guest darkdan

Since you can tell the higher ups all you want how to clean the windows, they most likely aren't going to go to the janitorial staff and tell them.

So here's what I did (I love my plotter). I made a sticker that says don't use ammonia or bleach (v-kool job).

Someone might flip out about a sticker on the window, but most won't care. If they don't like it, it's easy to remove.

post-605-1206297786.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

I was thinking about it, but thought that might be too tacky.

This at least serves a purpose, "Don't mess up the windows!!!!"

I also left a note for the staff to not tape stuff to the windows anymore and discussed this with the boss.

Guest Crackz

I do have a small oval one with the company name I put on one of the windows when the job is done for future contacts and nobody ever complained :thumb

dans idea is great though because know matter how many people you tell not to there are always new members getting hired definitely a 5 star tip here now I will go buy a brothers label maker

Guest General Sun Shield
Since you can tell the higher ups all you want how to clean the windows, they most likely aren't going to go to the janitorial staff and tell them.

So here's what I did (I love my plotter). I made a sticker that says don't use ammonia or bleach (v-kool job).

Someone might flip out about a sticker on the window, but most won't care. If they don't like it, it's easy to remove.

Good Idea :thumb

But wont you be cutting your own throat? Hey if they mess it up, they will have to pay you to replace it....lol J/K good Idea. I will take 30 please. BTW why cant you use household strength ammonia windex? Most film companies say its okay...

Guest darkdan
But wont you be cutting your own throat? Hey if they mess it up, they will have to pay you to replace it....lol J/K good Idea. I will take 30 please. BTW why cant you use household strength ammonia windex? Most film companies say its okay...

V-Kool's warranty card says no ammonia.

I put no bleach on there because it's a day care and you can just smell it in the air. I didn't want it to corrode the film (edge sealed it though).

On your plotter? :evilgrin Looks like some pretty tiny weeding dan. I think I would be getting them screen printed....but good tip. :thumb

Actually, the blade on the plotter weeded most of it for me. LOL. All the little tiny bits got stuck on the blade.

Archived