3M or Soltek film

Guest ca911

Guest ca911

I just bought an used 2003 Carrera from FL and shipped it to CA. Apparently the car was tinted too dark so a CHP stopped me and gave me a ticket. Now I need to have the old tint remove and put in new, lighter tint color. A couple of local shops are offering 3M or Soltek film. Any recommendation for each type? I've read that F1 is better but I haven't found a shop that offer that product. I work in the Bay Area, CA. Thanks.

Guest ca911

The nearest Formula1 shop is about 30 miles from where I live/work so I probably won't go there. What do you think about Soltek or 3M film? Are they OK? Thanks.

Guest thatsnappyguy

soltek is garbage. I never felt a film so thick rubbery. it delaminates (flakes) off DURING install. I ordered some in the past, but what they sent me wasnt anyhting like thier samples. we talking in the year 2003, and they refused to refund me so now im stuck with about 5 rolls of trash. I would throw it away but for the last 2 years, I wrap all my christmas gifts with it...I %&$# u not. I couldnt see any tint shop using that film.. it is honestly worst than the autozone stuff. normally I dont burn a company out loud like this, but its really the truth and they refused to refund me...so think what they would do to u if u tried to get a warranty. I dont know about 3M, they make some good tint though.

Guest thatsnappyguy

I was thinking about rolling it out in the yard to use as a weed guard in the flower bed.im just trying to find out what this stuff is good for b/c its not made to be on glass.

I was thinking about rolling it out in the yard to use as a weed guard in the flower bed.im just trying to find out what this stuff is good for b/c its not made to be on glass.

I'd say make a 'slip-n-slide' out of it, but you would get covered in flaking hard coat. :lol

Man, I hate when you are srtipping off old film and the HC flakes off, that crap sticks to everything. I can't imagine what it's like trying to install it like that. :lol

Archived