No more fingers

Just when you think the job is done and your doing your final walk around. You notice that finger that just doesn't want to stay down on the drivers door. This happens to me alot in the winter months.

After the window is up and you rinse out the bottom just before pulling the liner off, spray dirt off instead of soap or film on. It tacks the film down quick and leaves no fingers. I have been trying this the past month without any drying issues. :angel

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

LLumar doesn't recommend the use of Dirt-Off with PS adhesives (yet they used to recommend it for PPF....).

Maybe the acidic nature can hurt PS adhesives.

Guest thatsnappyguy

just snap the windows b4 install...I wouldnt use any other chemicals on film. :lol2 I snap all the doors wheather they need it or not and never have fingers. the last thing I would do it carry another bottle of some chemicals that wasnt designed to touch the adhesive of tint.

just snap the windows b4 install...I wouldnt use any other chemicals on film. :lol2 I snap all the doors wheather they need it or not and never have fingers. the last thing I would do it carry another bottle of some chemicals that wasnt designed to touch the adhesive of tint.

:lol what in the hell is snapping the doors :lol2

LLumar doesn't recommend the use of Dirt-Off with PS adhesives (yet they used to recommend it for PPF....).

Maybe the acidic nature can hurt PS adhesives.

while I'm sure it works great PT-I tend to go with DD on this one. My reasoning is having a tinter that worked for me who used Dirtoff on dot matrix-and alot were back in 6 months-bubbled like crazy! :thumb

Guest General Sun Shield

I have expeirmented with an alcohol/a touch of baby shampoo /water mix on a few car doors and this seems to help in the drying.( I did my dads honda and sisters Charger,not a custys)

I know a vinyl guy who uses this mixture on exterior installs in the colder months on his letteirng jobs.

Figured I give it a shot :tantrum ,so far no effects on the film(about 6 months now) Film was Global QDP35 Char

OH man I had no idea that LLumar didn't recommend it for the adhesive. I assumed if it was ok for ppf then it couldn't hurt to use it on film. Ok thats it for me never again. I don't see it being any worse than useing Dawn or any other Knarly grease cutting detergent. :dunno

Archived