No more fingers

LLumar doesn't recommend the use of Dirt-Off with PS adhesives (yet they used to recommend it for PPF....).

Maybe the acidic nature can hurt PS adhesives.

I was thinking about this comment over the weekend and thought "ya they don't recommend dishwashing detergent either." I bet there is alot of tinters still useing dawn and polmolive. :twocents

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest naughtydog
LLumar doesn't recommend the use of Dirt-Off with PS adhesives (yet they used to recommend it for PPF....).

I was thinking about this comment over the weekend and thought "ya they don't recommend dishwashing detergent either." I bet there is alot of tinters still useing dawn and polmolive. :twocents

They recommend dirt-off for dot matrix work - so why not with other areas?

Guest darkdan

Actually they do recommend dish soap.......for anti-graffiti film to help it come off easier later on down the road! =)

I was thinking about this comment over the weekend and thought "ya they don't recommend dishwashing detergent either." I bet there is alot of tinters still useing dawn and polmolive. :woowoo

Actually they do recommend dish soap.......for anti-graffiti film to help it come off easier later on down the road! =)

Ok ya DD but we were talking about auto film installs foo. :rollin

Guest darkdan

The fact that they actually put in big bold letters on the back of the bottle to not use it with PS films scares me.

Even though they do recommend it for dot matrix application.....

I think they only recommended it for PPF because they claim rubbing alcohol can hurt the adhesive so it was the lesser of two evils.

I'm willing to bet the acidic nature of dirt-off hurts the glue.

Guest darkdan

I was thinking about this today and we're over looking the simplest solution..........

Just use plain water.

Tried it today. Works great.

Archived