Window will make electricity????

Octillion Announces Streamlining of Key Process in Development of NanoPower Window Technology

AUBURN HILLS, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Octillion Corp. (OTCBB: OCTL), an alternative energy technology incubator, today announced efforts to streamline the deposition of silicon nanoparticles on to glass, an important process in development of the Company’s NanoPower Window technology, a novel transparent window capable of generating electricity.

For the first time, while following previously established protocols for producing lab-scale prototypes, a traditionally time-consuming and cumbersome process for depositing nanoparticles on to glass has been successfully replaced with a faster, more cost-effective, commercially-available deposition technology. Octillion’s NanoPower Window technology employs silicon nanoparticles that have the potential to enable conventional home, office and industrial glass windows to convert solar energy into electricity.

Visit My Website

May take years before it would be a common item in the market. Sounds to be expensive right now, not much saving on your electicity bill compared to the price of the window. These windows would be good in large business buildings and even better if they could be tinted! :poke

I know a couple of commercial builders who now specialize in "green" construction. One has told me that if I can find

photovoltaic film he would incorporate it into his existing buildings.

Yes I have researched but only found one company that even mentions it.

Converting only enough electricity to power the lights would be a big deal for most hi rises, I would think!

Archived