Price Increase

Guest Stag

Guest tintgod
they could have LOWERED the price if they wanted to.

I wish someone would have the ballz to lower them

they would capture a bigger percentage of the industry

PR from hell

:spit

the lower the price...the more hacks :twocents ...I say RAISE them...gets rid of the non business license no insurance fly by night tint shops. :rollin

the lower the price...the lower the quality..just like anything else.

Your price would go up too, so would it be fair to punish the pro with a higher price to keep a hack away? Which I don't think a higher price would do :spit They just need to stop selling to the unlicensed hacks and letting anyone use the films like the car wash business's now offering tint :rollin . Besides there are too many low end films on the market they could use, why use a pro film if they can buy a roll for $80 compared to almost $300

you have some valid points marco :spit

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough questions. I think film prices are out of control. Why can’t film companies control darker than legal applications by forcing shops to provide documentation where the film was installed? I would pay more for something like that if as an industry it was implemented. Probably would need to be a law to make them do it. Several years ago VK charged me like 50 cents a foot more for film I put on cars. Same film just cost more on cars so we had to show where VK 70 was installed. I know it’s a dream with lots of holes in it but I'm just saying :twocents

Major MFG's will increase prices.

Some asian teams will demping like :rollin:spit:spit - they don't pay any attention to quality, but press the market. Number of "Lunar" MFG's will grow daily.

But that's life - and that's exsit everywhere - window film market, or automotive ot electronic.

Chinese made BMW X5 clon and sell it for cheap price - and people buy :twocents

And only market can make a decision who will survive in this price-quality battle.

May be this will make old fat mosnters move their asses faster and spent less money on releases more on innovations.... :rollin

Tough questions. I think film prices are out of control. Why can’t film companies control darker than legal applications by forcing shops to provide documentation where the film was installed? I would pay more for something like that if as an industry it was implemented. Probably would need to be a law to make them do it. Several years ago VK charged me like 50 cents a foot more for film I put on cars. Same film just cost more on cars so we had to show where VK 70 was installed. I know it’s a dream with lots of holes in it but I'm just saying :twocents

Because MFG's can't stay united.

Because Solar Gard hate Llumar,

and

they both hate Garware-Global.

All this three teams don't like SunTek - and these four teams are waiting

when Johnson will die.

As soon as info about FTI became know - all like desert eagles start to eat dealers.

IWFA don't play for INDUSTRY. They play for SPONSORS.

And so on........

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuufffffffffff...............

SO many for the begining......

Film prices will continue to rise......we are reliant on oil to manufacture our product. However, if you don't like the fact that your competition is unlicensed, uninsured, or whatever, have the nuts to report them. If you operate on the up and up, you have nothing to worry about. If your costs go up, you need to raise your prices to compensate. Do not allow the low priced guy down the street to dictate pricing. Learn how to sell yourself and your product.

An example I have always shown is:

You install an car for $149. The hack down the street is at 139. Don't play into his hands and cut your price, RAISE your price. Go to $199/ car. Show the market that YOU are the best quality and learn to seel you and your film!. Also, remember, for every 4 cars you quote, you can lose one and take in the same amount of cash, plus you use I car less in film!!! You now LOST business and made the same money!!! I love to do less work all day long and take in the same ammount of cash!!!

Guest vclimber
Recieved info that Madico is going up again soon also. It kind of hits ya weird that LLumar would increase, since they are getting more money inhouse since they took distribution away from SAGR and others. That puts more into their pockets on that end. In all reality, they could have LOWERED the price if they wanted to, or stayed the course.

I heard it was the other way around, Sagar dropped CP. :rollin

Ya probably got that info from a CP rep??? Cp is slowly going in house with all distribution and pulled from SAGR when their contract ran out. I spoke to the CP factory rep long before this was out on a related issue. Sagr scrambled and picked up SunTek

He picked up more than that. Yeah, I guess the story all depends on which rep you talk too. Funny, SunTek ships direct to that area last I heard and now they have Sagr doing business there as well... :twocents

SunTek..... Can I tell here some words about? There is one more SunTek - www.suntekfilms.net in LA....... They sell everywhere and to anybody - as they are russians (not exact russian - they are former soviets) :dunno:dunno:dunno Also they created famous brand ASWF - American Standard.... So SunTek play double game - if it can be interesting for anybody.....

Film prices will continue to rise......we are reliant on oil to manufacture our product. However, if you don't like the fact that your competition is unlicensed, uninsured, or whatever, have the nuts to report them. If you operate on the up and up, you have nothing to worry about. If your costs go up, you need to raise your prices to compensate. Do not allow the low priced guy down the street to dictate pricing. Learn how to sell yourself and your product.

An example I have always shown is:

You install an car for $149. The hack down the street is at 139. Don't play into his hands and cut your price, RAISE your price. Go to $199/ car. Show the market that YOU are the best quality and learn to seel you and your film!. Also, remember, for every 4 cars you quote, you can lose one and take in the same amount of cash, plus you use I car less in film!!! You now LOST business and made the same money!!! I love to do less work all day long and take in the same ammount of cash!!!

Interesting that my start price here NOW is $220. I keep prices, but of course I can tint for $22 - and with profit. But - I keep my face. I have line - competitors - NO.

Keeping Your face You can survive in price battle - going down - not sure. People don't understand that LOWERING their profit they cut own ballZ.... No profit - no cash - no growth.

Archived