2009 G8

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

Guest alex94z

Nice looking job on the G8. Is that 3M color stable? What %? I have a G8 I am wanting to get tinted and want to get an idea of what it will look like.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did my first one yesterday, sweet car. I tucked the rubbers and pulled them back up when I got done since they tucked so easy. Also the third brake light is attached to the headliner but if you pull a little hard on each side of the brake light you'll release two tabs on the headliner and give you about 3 inches of play to slide the bulldozer back there and not have to hack it off, looks much better not cut around and it'll pop right back in place. Didn't glue the dots and seemed to stick nicely without. Rear rollups shift out the last 4 inches down so make sure to compensate for that also.

Guest GreenCove

Be careful tucking the film behind the light, the first one I tucked I sliced my finger on the plastic cover. I was using an old school black/white and probably moving to fast. Im a little more careful now.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Be careful tucking the film behind the light, the first one I tucked I sliced my finger on the plastic cover. I was using an old school black/white and probably moving to fast. Im a little more careful now.

I almost did the same thing until I realized that it felt pretty sharp when I was pulling it down

Guest beano

we built that car here in oz, but its known as the holden ve commodore.

not sure if you have the later version in the us where the front doors have a furry stopper tucked in just below the bottom edge of the glass on the outside edge (white with black fluff end clipped onto the inside door frame. it also presses hard against the glass) the holden dealer sent me heaps of vehicles because their tinter didnt know about it and had too many problems. can be tinted with it in place but easier to remove first.

I think it was some sort of after thought from the manufacturer but is easily removed and replaced when the tint is dry

Guest beano

oh and for the record, even though its a nice car its bullshit compared with anything else ive worked with. 3 hours is my best time and ive probably done at least 30

Guest GreenCove
Did my first one yesterday, sweet car. I tucked the rubbers and pulled them back up when I got done since they tucked so easy. Also the third brake light is attached to the headliner but if you pull a little hard on each side of the brake light you'll release two tabs on the headliner and give you about 3 inches of play to slide the bulldozer back there and not have to hack it off, looks much better not cut around and it'll pop right back in place. Didn't glue the dots and seemed to stick nicely without. Rear rollups shift out the last 4 inches down so make sure to compensate for that also.

good advice micro! that helps alot! :lol

Guest VaTinterPMan

Wow car looks good but the quarter windows throw it all off, its just a GTO with 4 doors. How is the 1/4's windows to tint, gotta trim gasket or is there room to tuck behind in there?

Archived