Heat Shrink Frusturations...

Guest socaltint1

Guest socaltint1

Hi all-

Relative noob to the business and site....I started working part time for a professional tinter and back glass shrink is giving me the fits.

I use the Mdog soap method and I can do the entire glass awesome except for the top right and left corners. On both sides the corners end up "smiling" and then crease. I keep throwing away whole sheets because of those corners.

It seems like the tint jams up right next to the top of the anchor.

Any help?

Thanks - this site has been a lifesaver already.

are you using a plotter? If so dont and cut the tint a little larger, then you have room for error on the outside edges.

Another good trick is to lift the film off the glass and let it lay out as smooth over a larger area as possible, no big fingers. Then you can do a surface shrink to reduce those monsters on the side to a manageable size.

Guest socaltint1

Cool - Thanks for all the help. To answer the questions

- Film is llumar I believe. I know he uses both Llumar and Solarguard?

- The vehicle that was jamming me up yesterday was a 99 Honda Civic 4door

Since im the rookie I get to use all the "almost up" rolls to practice on shrinking back glass haha. It sucks because I can get the whole window except for the two top corners.

Thanks again this really helps.

Guest Beeline

also try to move the horizontal line a little higher to shrink less film up top and more at the bottom....usually more area to work with at the bottom of the window.

Archived