Little panes

So I did a job today with 142 (Actually I think it was closer to 160 cause I *think* I forgot to count a set of windows when I did the est. doh!!) individual panes. 2/3rds of them weren't too bad as far as frame, but one section was old wood that was flaky and a mess.

The other day I pre-cut them all at home, which was the first time I tried it that way. I used a T Square and actually got 3 good edges. I only used two since I cut them bigger then the pane. Charged what we've all talked about here... When I was done, I went over to one of her friend's homes to give them an est. and, sure enough, more individual panes. :twocents:dunno:dunno

As I was working today, I thought that if I get any more jobs with them I would charge 50% more then what I did for this job... but since this was a referral I can't. Which is fine... but any cold calls for them and price is going up.

It took all day.. and I'm just beat. The client did make me lunch though, which I thought was very nice. :dunno

I also set a limit of 150 before I bring a helper... but I think I'm going to lower that down to 125 or maybe even 100.

Where ya been? They don't call 'em "panes" for nothing. Here, it's $10.00 per pane! (and PRAY they say no.) :twocents

I just don't get em that often. And $10 is what I priced it at... next time though, $15. Seriously.

This is the first one this season... and it definitely was easier pre-cutting them so I had a couple edges to work with... It's just takes so long to do..

I had three rooms to do... I started in the family room... the woman had to go out for a few hours. Came back 3 hours later and she was like - wow... you weren't kidding when you said it would take you a while.

So at least she could see that it wasn't something that was done quickly.

I had three rooms to do... I started in the family room... the woman had to go out for a few hours. Came back 3 hours later and she was like - wow... you weren't kidding when you said it would take you a while.

hey lady you can't rush PERFECTION. :twocents

Guest FilmBlazer
Where ya been? They don't call 'em "panes" for nothing. Here, it's $10.00 per pane! (and PRAY they say no.) :spit

I just don't get em that often. And $10 is what I priced it at... next time though, $15. Seriously.

Attaboywaytabe! :spit It all pays the same, just make sure you take a close look at it so you can gauge the time. Look at the bright side, you earned more work and learned a valuable lesson :poop

About time you get to working.... :spit What no pictures??? They should be spelled PAINS!!!!

He probably didnt post any pictures because we would see all the debris he got in his tint. :poop I sooooo hate single panes that I refuse to do them. They drive me absolutely NUTS!!! Repitition like that makes me ready for the looney bin, I kid you not.

A big thumbs up to you Roach :spit Take the rest of the weekend off.

Guest FilmBlazer
About time you get to working.... :spit What no pictures??? They should be spelled PAINS!!!!

He probably didnt post any pictures because we would see all the debris he got in his tint. :poop I sooooo hate single panes that I refuse to do them. They drive me absolutely NUTS!!! Repitition like that makes me ready for the looney bin, I kid you not.

A big thumbs up to you Roach :spit Take the rest of the weekend off.

Repetition?! We tint! Its the same damn thing every day! lol Just playin :spit

Archived