Little panes

Guest Bulldog

I used to do a TON of these in GA. and VA. For squares, use a good paper cutter form Office Depot. Cut strips from the film handler. Don't get me wrong, I hated it.....but if ya do 100 a day at $10 per- you will not eat beans and franks for dinner. :spit

Yes.......I do several cars and trucks a day but I can switch up where I start and move around more. Where as doing little rectangles over and over and over and over and over...............DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!! :olfa:spit Then I get an anxiety attack and need a fifth and cigs!! Funny thing is I dont drink or smoke!!!! :poop:spit Just one of those things in this world that literally makes me go insane. So.......I admire anyone who can and still keep there sanity. :spit

About time you get to working.... :lol6 What no pictures??? They should be spelled PAINS!!!!

He probably didnt post any pictures because we would see all the debris he got in his tint. :spit I sooooo hate single panes that I refuse to do them. They drive me absolutely NUTS!!! Repitition like that makes me ready for the looney bin, I kid you not.

A big thumbs up to you Roach :spit Take the rest of the weekend off.

Yeah no pics.. I don't always have a camera with me... They actually came out pretty good considering. For the longest time I thought I was doing something wrong... but then I've worked with other tinters over the years, and either we all do them crappy, or they just can't be done perfectly.

I redid a couple that I just wasn't happy with... but most were ok.

Bulldog - as for the paper cutter - I tried that last fall with a job and I just couldn't get it to work right. With this job, I used a T square - which was really L shaped - and cut them down with that. Most were like 12x12... so I used a 36" in box.. 12" strips. Then I used the "L" and cut them down to 12" long... and they came out very nice. Took me a while, but I just watched TV as I was cutting them.

If I get this other est. I gave for them, I'll do the same thing. Saved a lot of time onsite, and I think it helped them to come out better being able to use 2 of the 4 edges.

And I agree about it driving ya nuts... It's one thing to do 30 windows 30x30... but when you're doing little 8x12 squares... it does get very annoying, very fast. lol (I can't imagine being a vet and having to work on a pet hamster or something!!!!) By the end of the day I was just beat... my feet were killing me.. I was hungry.. tired.. and I had to drive in rush hour traffic home. I had planned to pick up a 6 pack and some wings, but my friend called and I ended up going out to the movies, so I didn't even get to eat real food until like 11pm. :(

It's all good though...

Next up are just some double-hungs so it should be cake.

Archived