Damn... I Got a Long Life Ahead.

Man, it seems everyday now I read some new crap about what's going to ruin life as we know it. A few months ago I read something pretty convincing about the future of our water supply, then there's the whole economic meltdown in the States a lot of you see happening (and I'm sure will start to affect us up here in the Great White North more and more as time goes on, already killing our manufacturing sector here in Ontario), and now this thing I just read while I couldn't sleep and was surfing. It just me or is my generation somewhat screwed? :twocents:dunno

http://finance.sympatico.msn.ca/Investing/...umentid=6424206

I try to live every day like it's my last, Being in the here and the now,but make time to make the choices that there IS a tomorrow.

The only true for sure statement about the "past" is that it is gone , the only true for sue statement about the "future" is that is is not here yet.

Enjoy the PRESENT and have no regrets :twocents

I heard about that bee thing TD, but I don't know much about it. We had that beetle up here that was killing all those trees... Anyway, I know what you guys mean, I'm not the type of person to worry about stuff like that. But it does seem to be some pretty crazy :poop The world'll change a lot in the next half a century I'd bet. I've got a theory that in 50 years drinkable water'll be the most valuable commodity and people in developed nations will fight wars over it. TW's right though! Only thing that's sure is right now :spit

Of course it is healthy to live for the day and try to be happy as you can, I have no problem with that at all, I do the same thing.

Look at it this way, suppose you were living in Germany in the late 30's early 40's. The government was able to get away with their crimes because of apathy and no one fought back to any degree.

I know it sucks to hear stories like this, nobody wants to hear this kind of information, I understand that, but I also know that when an Ostrich sees a predator coming, burring his head isn't going to make it go away, it just makes it easier for the predator to finish the job.

I'm not saying that anyone should be changing the way they look at the world, just don't fault us that see what is happening for letting others know about it.

Cheers! :spit

Guest zolar

if I have to be an ostrich

...I wanna be an informed ostrich :spit

the genetic and chemical warfare on our enviorment and food supply

is seriously messed up.... and won't be seen in the "news"

I too am optimistic about tomorrow

however it turns out :poop

I try to live every day like it's my last, Being in the here and the now,but make time to make the choices that there IS a tomorrow.

The only true for sure statement about the "past" is that it is gone , the only true for sue statement about the "future" is that is is not here yet.

Enjoy the PRESENT and have no regrets :spit

Right arm TW! I'm with you on this :poop

Enjoy the PRESENT and have no regrets :spit

Right arm TW! I'm with you on this :spit

Archived