how tall is your overhead door?

Guest mattstronguk

mines about 12`. Worked at a paintshop that had a 7` high oven often when something was to tall we just let the tyres down and they fit sometimes had 4-5 guys hanging on the back to push them down.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FilmBlazer

Mine is not high enough! I scheduled a sprinter van once and drove it to the shop when I figured out it won't fit lol. I did it outside and did all of the cutting on the interior of the glass. No prob :spit

I wouldnt personaly take a 7' high door not high enough. :poop In Kentucky I would think you would have alot of lifted trucks. My idea would be ask the owner to add a bigger door to fill the lease. Whats his lease 1 year or more? If it is only one year, sign him a 3 year lease to cover the expenses. Then you both win. He fills the spot and you get a new location. There is not much cost to adding a bigger door if the building is high enough. Good Luck :spit

Guest shadowline

Hi my door on my unit here in the UK is 7 foot high, I had it made to that height when the unit was being finished. This height will take any range rover/ land rover, it also fits the VW transporter van/ Merc sprinter van etc even with a roof rack etc. Remember even if your vehicle you try to fit in is only inches too tall remember you can let the air out of the tyres and that will make a hugh difference height wise......

Guest Katie0530

A little off the subject but I did my first sprinter today and looks are decieving.(I hope I spelt that right) It looked like a horrible jobbed but was very easy.

Big but still fit in our garage.

Archived