Labor for Materials

Guest psychotinter

Good buisness or bad idea get out ASAP  

1. 1. Good buisness or bad idea get out ASAP

• good Deal
    • get out ASAP

Guest psychotinter

Do any of you have a shop or two that you swap this for that with. I have been hooked up with this paint center in my area for about a year know and I realy do not know which of us is getting it broke off in the a$$. He has been swaping me House of Color pints , clear coats ,reducers , hardeners , bottles of rearls and 2 Sata 2000 guns + a Divilis signature gun. In return I have tinted this dudes whole familys cars and made any sticker or car graphic that he has ever wanted...... After awhile I started to ask myself when does this end , he is burning thew my tint & vinyl faster than my paying customers are. Is it worth it ??????

Guest Tint Slug

when I do trade work, I always do it straight retail across the board...$199.00 car gets $199.00 of stuff off the shelf of their store

Guest mosolarpro

yep just like slug said. I use to say sure $100 or so then they would give me $100 of product, huh I got screwed, I usually get $185 so they got $85 more. I make sure retail fo retail.

Guest psychotinter

I understand what u guys are saying and u are all very right . I just have myself in my own rut . Like u said paint is not very cheap nor are the guns that he has given me but it is realy hard to determin if we are breakn even or not . When I walk in his shop he sends me out with cups , paint and all kinds of cool sh*t. Hell last week he gave me a whole gallon of chrome Illusion , fat bastard green , marbleizer and camelion so it kind of obligates me to try to match his generosity, so I get stuck working on his stuff threw out what ever period of time.I cannot pull my guys off their jobs to do all his stuff so I have to try to fill the order myself pluss keep up with my appointments & bids...Its good in some ways but bad in others..

Guest thetintshop

dude, chromillusion is like $1500 for a gallon here. and the marbleizer is pretty high too. and those sata guns are pretty much the best on the market right now. I said earlier they run $400, I can get them for that. they usually run closer to $500. you may be coming out ahead, cause just those things I've mentioned is over $2500. it just depends on if you're getting some use out of what he's giving you. because he ain't handing you cheap stuff. sounds like your gettin top of the line stuff. if you're ever curious about something and think you may be gettin the shaft just let me know. my dad has owned a body shop my whole life and I paint most of the harleys and some of the flame jobs and pearl jobs. so I try and stay up on some of the new stuff the best I can. unless you're having to tint 50 cars for him, sounds like your coming out ahead.

Guest psychotinter

Yes I understand how much the paints are and stuff but I have done about 12 carswhich were full 3m vinyle custom designed graphics. He picks out special colors in which I might have to by about 6 or seven rolls of to do just one job not to mention the ware & tear on my cutters for his shop logo stickers & tint jobs . I believe that I am on top as far as the products go but as far as labor im realy in the hole. :ll that he has to do is mix a little or pull it off of the shelf . I have to design it plot it didgeatize it purchas the role if I do not have the color in stock, cut it , weed it, mask it , lay it out ,Install it & fit it. 1 vehical is atleast 6 hrs of just computer time the rest might take 2-4 hrs.. Not to mention having to swet it when I am cutting the long designs for fear of the cutter going off line & eating half of the role up. As far as the producs go I know that I am ahead. All that I paint are custom flames & graphics I do no color changes nor completes Its all custom so the paint does redeam its self in the long run, He gave me a DeVilbus GTI kustom & also Sata mini jet 2 Magic that has an awsome finish on it.Not to mentoin all of the airbrush's & stencils that he forked over. Good friend to have but time consuming buisness deals..

Guest psychotinter

Do you have the flame masters stincles & the son of the skulls colections. They realy do make life easier !!! I did a T-Rex type with Fat Bastard Green as the base & the flames were a double set with cross overs in a candie pearl purple , foged the flames with 6 coats of the camelion( green to purple) and the second set in a peuter shade striped with candie orange. Then I used the skull masters-bones stincel ran it threw the purple flames with purple about 1 shade lighter . It looks killer . I love those damn stencels. They be the poop. If u do not have them already give them a try you will love the freedom.

Archived