New York tinters

tinterluigi

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the law. What can ya do?? I know many NY tinters and they put whatever they want on, However, I know of one shop upstate that got raided by the PD and the TV news in a sting. They got fined. The law in most states deems it illegal to HAVE certain tints on a vehicle. In NY, I believe it states that it is illegal to INSTALL the film. This leaves the INSTALLER responsible.......and on the hook for costs, should a smart customer actually read the law!!!

It's the law. What can ya do?? I know many NY tinters and they put whatever they want on, However, I know of one shop upstate that got raided by the PD and the TV news in a sting. They got fined. The law in most states deems it illegal to HAVE certain tints on a vehicle. In NY, I believe it states that it is illegal to INSTALL the film. This leaves the INSTALLER responsible.......and on the hook for costs, should a smart customer actually read the law!!!

Would that also mean that when I put off road exhaust on a mustang as a kid all the tickets I got I could take back to the place who installed them and would have been there responability?

Aside from misinformation

New York dealers and manufacturers should be out there fighting this.

Predictably, Mr. Tabachnick, whose customers now sign a waiver exempting him from responsibility (or their ire) if their windows draw police scrutiny, is not a fan of the crackdown.

So what the he!!, he is going to do it anyway. That paper is not worth wiping your backside

It takes one person to start something. That person reaches another with a common cause and it snowballs from there.

Ban together and start flooding you state representatives and senators with mail and phone calls. Get the IWFA involved and any other organization.

Also any other person outside the state can contact those state polititions. It takes involvement and numbers to get awareness and change.

This is what happened here in Texas. A few years back there was a proposal to ban tinting all together. Many of us banned together and just bombarded the polititions with mail and phone calls. People met with the representative rsponsible for this and the last word I heard was call off the wolves(us). End result we are still in the tinting business.

Archived