New York tinters

tinterluigi

Guest Tintim

This sounds very similar to the UK.

The real problem here is those companies willing to put very dark tints on Front side windows.On saturday I de-tinted a customers front side windows - they had a VLT reading of 5.2% you could not see in. The Customer had just bought the car and said he would dig out the invoice for the company that installed the tint.

If everyone fitted 50% or higher and nothing else (on fronts) - this problem would go away overnight

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the law. What can ya do?? I know many NY tinters and they put whatever they want on, However, I know of one shop upstate that got raided by the PD and the TV news in a sting. They got fined. The law in most states deems it illegal to HAVE certain tints on a vehicle. In NY, I believe it states that it is illegal to INSTALL the film. This leaves the INSTALLER responsible.......and on the hook for costs, should a smart customer actually read the law!!!

Would that also mean that when I put off road exhaust on a mustang as a kid all the tickets I got I could take back to the place who installed them and would have been there responability?

Depends on how the law reads............This is how the TINT law reads...............

Guest krivera418

wow just read the article I'm so glad I moved out here I would be out of business 70 is like nothing

I agree with the fella that said at least 50 you guys in ny should ban together and as a former union memeber

"THERE'S STRENGHT IN UNITY" believe me there is.... if I was still out there I would ban with you guys if you need

support I'm sure the whole tint industry would ban together cause that's how it starts they will use ny state as an example

and try it in other states. there always a ginny pig. :spit if we're professional and contact the right people we too can be heard and make a

differnce I understand safety first and I agree 35 is legal here and you can still see in it's not that dark

you guys have my support think of your business for tomorrow and years to come

good luck.... keep us posted

bottom line is the city makes tons of money with these tint tickets.I tint for many officers,they all tell me the same story.they get paid 8hrs overtime for evey 10 tint tickets they write.in one hour they write there tickets and get paid for 8hrs.

Guest Crackz

hey jack why dont you and your buddy the tint doctor eddie put your heads together out there in queens and get some tinters together and I will do the same on the island maybe we can get some paper work rolling :evilgrin

Tintim said

The real problem here is those companies willing to put very dark tints on Front side windows.On saturday I de-tinted a customers front side windows - they had a VLT reading of 5.2% you could not see in. The Customer had just bought the car and said he would dig out the invoice for the company that installed the tint.

If everyone fitted 50% or higher and nothing else (on fronts) - this problem would go away overnight

50% is still illegal. So who decided your limit would be 50% and why?

I agree with you Joe D. we need to get together and do something. We all know that if we had to survive by putting on 70% we might as well close shop. I think we need to educate them and perhaps demonstrate the different shades of film. As Jeff mentioned in an article, I wouldn't mind them changing the law to at least a 45% just like the Carbon series that Suntek makes. NY is always looking to blame someone or something. Ever since those 2 cops got shot pulling over an SUV with Dark tinted windows they have come down on the rules of tint much harder. Hey Joe if all else fails we can move to CT at least there they allow 35% :twocents

Guest Tintim
Tintim said

50% is still illegal. So who decided your limit would be 50% and why?

U R right 70% is the legal limit. Given that I lose business to local companies who go as dark as the customer wants - I'm not about to divulge how I sell to customers and the legal recourse I back it up with.

It's a dog eat dog world! :twocents

Archived