My take on Geoshield IRs 70

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Job looks great :spit

Since I'm trying to learn as much as I can about FG... what did vlcimber mean by "it's already blowing seals"? I understand that seals fail in windows (hell, I'm looking out one right now). But did you mean that the film caused the seals to fail early? Or just, are those windows fairly new and you guys were surprised the seals already failed? (As in, they were cheap windows or something).

He was just being a smart azz....lol we do that on here.. The window already had a failed seal in that one picture (condensation built up between the two glass panes (picture #2--middle bottom window). Lets just say he prefers another great ceramic film....

I get it :spit Thanks.

I like the liner coming off very easy b/c I "pop","drop", watever yall call it and sometimes it doesnt go all the way down..yea I know about the broom stick. sometimes I like to roll right out the box but that would be hard to notic a tacky liner.. so if I like it falling off easy...I dont want ps ...right?

Short answer - yes.

But, some PS films have a type of de-tac (3M term) which lets the film act more like a CDF film then a PS.

Since I am a solo tinters, I don't like PS films because it's harder to remove the liner with only one set of hands. You generally can't "drop" roll the film.. you have to peel the liner off, and hope it doesn't fold back on itself. Which means either wetting the film as you remove the liner or praying that it doesn't happen. Which isn't easy with only two hands.

I grew up on CDF films... snapping them to remove the liner... easy peasy.

It would seem that the Geoshield film, while a PS film, isn't as aggressive as normal PS films.

Just something to keep in mind. If you have a PS film that is harder to work with solo, it will add time to your jobs, and perhaps add more frustration. IMO.

-R

Of course, that only applies if you drop roll like normal people. If you do it like I do, I'm not even sure any weight would help. :thumb:lol2 :lol2 :lol2

what about hanita's cold steel waa isn't that supposed to act as a dry adhesive. I had a couple huge doors to do & that :thumb wouldn't drop for nothing, I was seriously throwing that stuff to try to get it going, I had to put about the first foot of film at the top & pull the liner off for the film to unroll pain in the ass I can't say I'd ever want to use again.

Does the optitune have the same adhesive & problems :dunno

Archived