My take on Geoshield IRs 70

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan
Is this Geoshield from Global? I don't see any film on their web site with that name, I would like to add a very light, low reflective and high heat absorbing film to my products. Would this be a good film for this?

No, Geoshield is sold by www.geoshieldusa.com The Geo 30% is a bit reflective, but the rest are pretty low. The new G line is low reflectivity.

Global has new IR films coming out soon though, but I think they are marketing their IR films just for cars because of the high absorption rates.

Guest FilmBlazer
Of course, that only applies if you drop roll like normal people. If you do it like I do, I'm not even sure any weight would help. :beer:twocents:lol2 :lol2

what about hanita's cold steel waa isn't that supposed to act as a dry adhesive. I had a couple huge doors to do & that :lol2 wouldn't drop for nothing, I was seriously throwing that stuff to try to get it going, I had to put about the first foot of film at the top & pull the liner off for the film to unroll pain in the ass I can't say I'd ever want to use again.

Does the optitune have the same adhesive & problems :lol2

Optitune does not snap well IMO but its a great working and looking film. :lol2

Guest Fly Paper
I like the liner coming off very easy b/c I "pop","drop", watever yall call it and sometimes it doesnt go all the way down..yea I know about the broom stick. sometimes I like to roll right out the box but that would be hard to notic a tacky liner.. so if I like it falling off easy...I dont want ps ...right?

Short answer - yes.

But, some PS films have a type of de-tac (3M term) which lets the film act more like a CDF film then a PS.

Since I am a solo tinters, I don't like PS films because it's harder to remove the liner with only one set of hands. You generally can't "drop" roll the film.. you have to peel the liner off, and hope it doesn't fold back on itself. Which means either wetting the film as you remove the liner or praying that it doesn't happen. Which isn't easy with only two hands.

I grew up on CDF films... snapping them to remove the liner... easy peasy.

It would seem that the Geoshield film, while a PS film, isn't as aggressive as normal PS films.

Just something to keep in mind. If you have a PS film that is harder to work with solo, it will add time to your jobs, and perhaps add more frustration. IMO.

I grew up on "Martin Energy Products" in the late 70's which is now CP Films and when I asked a guy in technical support about the permenant chemcal bond to the glass and what happens when the film breaks down in 15 years he said not to worry about it "you won't be in the business forever"....... After using both PS and CDF I think PS is a better deal for the consumer as you can remove it after 20 years without using a friggin brick........ all that 20 + year old CDF is out there to haunt us............but it's easy to install

-R

Guest tintgod

has anyone ever thought of using the glass a peeler and peeling the liner off and reappling it like reverse rolling a back window, rolling it up from the bottom resqueegee the window and then dropping it that way?

Guest krivera418
He is playing nice...he was just messing around...besides we all know which film companies he shares his bed with... :spit:lol2 Sad part is I can't knock him for it...lol

:spit

Guest tintgod
Sounds like way too much work.

If you're going to go through all that then just manually reverse roll it.

what sounds like to much work may not be tell you try it..correct?

Archived