My take on Geoshield IRs 70

has anyone ever thought of using the glass a peeler and peeling the liner off and reappling it like reverse rolling a back window, rolling it up from the bottom resqueegee the window and then dropping it that way?

No, but what I have done for larger windows, when I have to use a PS film, is use one window as a peeler.... wet a spot.. put up the film.... peel the liner off... wet the film... pick it up off that window and place it on the window next to it. I've done that, mainly on commercial jobs, and it works... still not as easy/quick as snapping a 'CDF' type film, but when I don't have a helper to peel the liner, it works.

-R

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Litespeeds

Wow, you guys are bold to pop drop PS film knowing that if any edge catches itself, that piece of film is wasted. If I had to use PS film on flat glass, I would use a big window as the transfer glass and peel off the liner and spray the film and glass before I install. Figure trying to save a little time could end up wasting more money if I screw up. Good for you guys that can do it.

Guest Litespeeds

I actually had the opportunity to look and install some Geoshield film a few months ago and personally I don't think it is as optically clear as some films I work with. You can see some graininess of the adhesive but that is mainly evident when you look through angled glass like on cars. Flat glass almost every film will look extremely clear.

Wow, you guys are bold to pop drop PS film knowing that if any edge catches itself, that piece of film is wasted. If I had to use PS film on flat glass, I would use a big window as the transfer glass and peel off the liner and spray the film and glass before I install. Figure trying to save a little time could end up wasting more money if I screw up. Good for you guys that can do it.

Most High End PS FG films have a "De-Tac" property to them, meaning they are not as tacky as regular Auto PS films. And as far as optical clearity of Geoshield on FG it is great just like other ceramic films (no metal to lower clarity) And BTW Not all FG films are optically clear, flatness of the glass has little to do with that.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

Most High End PS FG films have a "De-Tac" property to them, meaning they are not as tacky as regular Auto PS films. And as far as optical clearity of Geoshield on FG it is great just like other ceramic films (no metal to lower clarity) And BTW Not all FG films are optically clear, flatness of the glass has little to do with that.

:beer:klingon:beer

Guest darkdan

:beer:klingon:beer

Guest Litespeeds

I didn't know that Geoshield had 2 different adhesives for their IR film. All I tried was their pressure sensitive adhesive auto film.

Archived