My take on Geoshield IRs 70

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
another good question V....I would guess it is the type of "ceramic" that is used. Just like V-kool is more because of the type of metal used....

Now my curiosity is burning. It appears to be a similar situation as V-kool, less reflectivity, lighter film, and higher performance. It is 67% vlt why is the SA more than the Geo 40?

Guest vclimber
Solar Absorption is lower on the 3mm glass for it.....glass factors in. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but they happily gave them to me.

Yeah you're right glass does factor in.

IRis 70 6mm clear

SA=54%

Geo 40 3mm clear

SA=50%

But the IRis would be equal at best if they were both on 3mm.

When I asked them about performance on different types of glass they stated that the IRs70 performs best on single pane glass and the Geo lines performs better on dual pane. But there was only a 5% difference in the performance numbers (heat rejection) when used on dual pane. All I know is that the customer I installed the IRs70 on her sunroom noticed a huge difference from before in regards to heat in there. So it must be doing something, I mean she even told me to keep her phne number handy in case a future potential customer needed a reference.

Guest vclimber
When I asked them about performance on different types of glass they stated that the IRs70 performs best on single pane glass and the Geo lines performs better on dual pane. But there was only a 5% difference in the performance numbers (heat rejection) when used on dual pane. All I know is that the customer I installed the IRs70 on her sunroom noticed a huge difference from before in regards to heat in there. So it must be doing something, I mean she even told me to keep her phne number handy in case a future potential customer needed a reference.

It interests me. #'s are better than PR70. So if they are all ceramic then why is one recommended for single pane and the others for IG? :dunno

It interests me. #'s are better than PR70. So if they are all ceramic then why is one recommended for single pane and the others for IG? :dunno

you know I dont get into much technical data. but arent we not suppose to install window films that absorb more that 50% on dual pane? I think that is the reason. back in december I had a customer who wanted 70IRIS on some dual pane skylights. they recommended I go with a 50% to keep the heat absorbtion down!

I havent been able to sell this stuff as I wanted to, but im hoping I do.

That is what I thought but Geoshield is willing to put in writing to warranty it. I have asked a couple times in regards to using the IRs70 on dual pane non tempered and they were more than willing to sign off on it...Thats all that matters.

Archived