Audi S5 Coupe

Guest zx1400

Guest zx1400

We tinted a 08 Audi A5 Coupe last Saturday w/Huper Optik ceramic 50% and now the radio has no sound navi works and display shows up on the screen but NO Sound!! What should I do. Customer wants me to pay for it if the dealer won't fix it :hmmm !@#%

Guest Thetintcenter
We tinted a 08 Audi A5 Coupe last Saturday w/Huper Optik ceramic 50% and now the radio has no sound navi works and display shows up on the screen but NO Sound!! What should I do. Customer wants me to pay for it if the dealer won't fix it :hmmm !@#%

Window tint won't cause the stereo to have no sound. It shouldn't even interfere with the reception if it is Ceramic. If the battery went low during tint then maybe a reset is all it will take from the dealer...probably no charge to the customer being an 08'.

Guest zx1400
Is the factory amp under the rear deck? Sorry, I have tinted one w/ C30 and had no problems.

Wish I could be more help.

factory amp is located on the driver side quater panel inside the trunk

Guest CajunTinter

Here's what I'd do:

Refer him/her back to the dealer, BUT let them know that until he/she can provide written documentation from dealer specifically stating that having window film installed caused the damage to his audio system AND give you the part(s) in question that you supposedly damaged so that you can have them examined by a licensed technician that you are not paying for shiatt.. :evileye:shock

I kinda remember someone posting a similar problem, and it turned out to be an anti theft system at fault.

Maybe the battery got weak and the radio thinks it has been stolen, probably just a reset from the dealership is all that's needed. :evileye

Audi came out last week and said tinting the A5 and S5 may cause damage to the car because of the moisture. I saw the memo. It's kinda like the BMW 5 and 7 series and the Mercedes Sclass.

This happened to me on a benz Sclass and I had to by a new module and cost me 1000.00.... :evileye Too much water.

I know another guy this happened to and he kept the car overnight and he said the moisture dried out...and the problem went away... :shock

Try to keep the car overnight with the doors open ad some fans blowing in the car.

Good luck.

Guest cartek
Audi came out last week and said tinting the A5 and S5 may cause damage to the car because of the moisture. I saw the memo. It's kinda like the BMW 5 and 7 series and the Mercedes Sclass.

This happened to me on a benz Sclass and I had to by a new module and cost me 1000.00.... :shock Too much water.

I know another guy this happened to and he kept the car overnight and he said the moisture dried out...and the problem went away... :evileye

Try to keep the car overnight with the doors open ad some fans blowing in the car.

Good luck.

this happened to a friend of mines S class a while ago before I had a shop. I didnt tint it.

that suck tho. good luck man

Archived