End user needs advice on colored tint job for show car

Guest antichip

Guest antichip

OK that was silly, there has to be an edit button?

Any who, I have an 04 passat that is going to start getting the full work up, It is a black car. I would like to go with a red tint. The reds I have seen look a little "bright", but I would get used to it. I thought like a 35 or so colored film a very light or charcoal or mirror with it for a hue change? How about a black pin stripe lined up with front line? no no. Sorry I get caried away. The overall goal is to have a showstopper. I will be pitching it to the mags in the next month as 3 or 4 part build-up. 95% of work will be filmed on hd-handy cams. Aditional mag article space will be purchased if needed. The build up will be edited and sold.

I need sugestions on types of films and life expectency of colored. Seems alot of it don't last long and fades. can a UV film be aplied first? then red then black(lery light)?

I would also like some sugestion on some shops that may be able to work with us. I will need stellar work done by a shop that has done passats and can adapt to products they are not acustomed too with no rooms for error. I am not looking for hand-outs, as nothing in life is free, but I am looking for sponsers.

I am a machinist in the tampa area with experience in high end car audio, composite lay-up and molding, and extensive electronics / computer experience.

Well there ya have it. I would love to hear feedback and comments or questions feel free to shoot me a line.

colored films will not hold up if they are out in the sun for a long time......

With a 2004 car the glass itself is not going to be as perfect as you are looking for the tint to be.....unless it is new glass!

Good luck with all your quest....I would say you will have a tough time finding someone to do what you want.

Guest Key West
colored films will not hold up if they are out in the sun for a long time......

With a 2004 car the glass itself is not going to be as perfect as you are looking for the tint to be.....unless it is new glass!

Good luck with all your quest....I would say you will have a tough time finding someone to do what you want.

Not in Tampa he won't. There are a few shops on 19 towards Palm Harbor that should suit your needs nicely. Auto Xtras comes to mind.

Archived