bad tint job?

Guest G371

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Thetintcenter
so if I do take off the tint, and re tint them from a good tinter will I still see the dot matrix ? can anyone do it right?

It IS done right. Film on dots from the manufacturer is the problem. Go to any dealership and look at the dots. The only thing that is done wrong is having your car tinted with illegal film. If you don't have a receipt they don't have to re-tint it. And if you call the cops you WILL get a ticket.

With the exception of the driver's door funk (get that fixed for sure), I think it looks fine :dunno You could ask them to push down that matrix a bit and even it all out. Keep in mind that IS a piece film ON glass and it will never be exactly the same as if the glass itself was dyed. If it looks good and no 'flaws' are noticeable from 3-4 feet away, it's a good job :evilgrin If you're staring AT it you can find flaws in everything... even your factory paint.

Guest willie
On the back glass and quarter glass it looks like the dot matrix needs to be pressed down. This is completely normal. On the drivers door that is residue left over from the factory stickers that the installer failed to clean properly. If I was you I would set an appointment up to have the drivers window done over and ask if they can press down the matrix a little better. Unfortunately the matrix issue isn't the fault of the tinter, the dots around the window don't always allow the tint to lay evenly, so the effect you are having is unavoidable.
Class on Glass :evilgrin
I can take care of the car nice for you im in long island east meadow give me a call when you are ready but I would give your original tinter the chance to make it right for you first if any problems with him have him strip it and I will tint you up real nice check out my website for some of my info and work and sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your tint job thanks joe d

http://www.freewebs.com/classonglass/

This is your man here :dunno

Guest tintgod
On the back glass and quarter glass it looks like the dot matrix needs to be pressed down. This is completely normal. On the drivers door that is residue left over from the factory stickers that the installer failed to clean properly. If I was you I would set an appointment up to have the drivers window done over and ask if they can press down the matrix a little better. Unfortunately the matrix issue isn't the fault of the tinter, the dots around the window don't always allow the tint to lay evenly, so the effect you are having is unavoidable.
Class on Glass :evilgrin
I can take care of the car nice for you im in long island east meadow give me a call when you are ready but I would give your original tinter the chance to make it right for you first if any problems with him have him strip it and I will tint you up real nice check out my website for some of my info and work and sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your tint job thanks joe d

http://www.freewebs.com/classonglass/

This is your man here :dunno

yeah...maybe he will do it up legal for ya...I know he will do I good job. :lol2

With the exception of the driver's door funk (get that fixed for sure), I think it looks fine :twocents You could ask them to push down that matrix a bit and even it all out. Keep in mind that IS a piece film ON glass and it will never be exactly the same as if the glass itself was dyed. If it looks good and no 'flaws' are noticeable from 3-4 feet away, it's a good job :rollin If you're staring AT it you can find flaws in everything... even your factory paint.

People don't understand this....they see one dot under it and want it fixed. Im in Az and I tell people people that with all the dust in the air that wheir WILL be a minimal amount of contamination, so deal with it. If their is a huge hair or somethin, yea I will redo it. If their is a couple pin sized dots, no...deal with it.

Check w/ Joe @ Class on Glass for a redo. The funny is, if ya want it legal, ya might as well just strip it. Everyone who like to harp on that subject, remember to look in your closets....NY is a pain when it comes to tint, but, if all the tinters went legit, the film industry would suffer a bit, since NO tint would be installed in that state. Who would want 70%vlt????

Guest Thetintcenter
Check w/ Joe @ Class on Glass for a redo. The funny is, if ya want it legal, ya might as well just strip it. Everyone who like to harp on that subject, remember to look in your closets....NY is a pain when it comes to tint, but, if all the tinters went legit, the film industry would suffer a bit, since NO tint would be installed in that state. Who would want 70%vlt????

I looked in my closet but I only see my wifes shoes. :twocents

Archived