Sun-Gard/Glass-Gard reopening

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zolar
Stupid question :evilgrin but I have been doing warrantee work with sun gard from when I was a diamond dealer………………………… guess I’m out of luck on free film or anything like that to compensate me? :thumb

the entire industry is watching to see if the new SG will honor warranty on the old SG c3d2.gif

Guest vclimber
Stupid question :evilgrin but I have been doing warrantee work with sun gard from when I was a diamond dealer………………………… guess I’m out of luck on free film or anything like that to compensate me? :thumb

the entire industry is watching to see if the new SG will honor warranty on the old SG c3d2.gif

Why would they honor the warranty? :thumb

scratch off the old warranty.....asked Bill in a PM and he said NOOOO!....

I was told "no" as well. But not by Capt Bill.

Guest tintgod

say a tint shop goes out of biz..and you buy the name ..and open the shop back up..are you going to warranty the other shops work if they come back?

I sure as hell wouldnt :evilgrin

Guest vclimber
say a tint shop goes out of biz..and you buy the name ..and open the shop back up..are you going to warranty the other shops work if they come back?

:thumb

Guest JUSTIN

What if you owned a shop, customer pays you to do the work, film company goes out of business, do you honor the warranty even though the film company isn't there to back it up? If you want repeat business you do. Same concept applies to mfr....you want dealers to come back...you work with them on old warranty stuff...

I sure as hell wouldnt :thumb

What if you owned a shop, customer pays you to do the work, film company goes out of business, do you honor the warranty even though the film company isn't there to back it up? If you want repeat business you do. Same concept applies to mfr....you want dealers to come back...you work with them on old warranty stuff...

:evilgrin

Guest tintgod

I see what you are saying Cand. ..and after further thinking about this..if a company is going to buy another companies "name"(sungard)..because it is a well know brand and they are going to benefit off that brand name..I think they should warranty the old companies product..I believe they cant have it both ways...they want to keep the name(the pro)..but they dont want the bad that goes along with it(the con)warranty work from the previous ownership.

whatever happens I know that I am done with the Sun! They screwed up several years ago and put out bad product and then were going pretty good under "new management" and all but then they did what they were doing the last few years....

now it is "new ownership".....so what. NO thank you.....I do have a good amount of sungard literature that I will give away....pay shipping?

Archived