Unhappy 3M customer

Got a call from a guy who lives in the penthouse of a newer building downtown. He said he had 3m Nightvision put on last year and is very disappointed with the heat rejection he is getting from it. He wanted to see about getting some solar shades put on the windows to help. I told him that the way to correct the problem is to use the correct film for the job. He has a bank of windows facing west. I told him he would have better results from a ceramic film. So I am going to meet with him tomorrow. Here is a few pics I snatched from online...Looks like a nice building. The cost to lease the penthouse suites is $4900/month and to buy the price is $699,999.00. I am thinking he can afford the ceramic line :twocents Now only if I can convince him that the ceramic film will reject heat better than the NV film (not sure what shade they used). Looks like I am going to have to pull out the heat lamp. BTW the pics are of the basic floor level model but the windows should be the same. You gotta love the internet...being able to stalk your customers location before you go out there....lol

Living%20Room4-72.jpg

Overview4-72.jpg

TV%20Streetscape1-72.jpg

carlyles_watch.JPG

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
I am thinking he can afford the ceramic line :twocents Now only if I can convince him that the ceramic film will reject heat better than the NV film (not sure what shade they used).

:rollin I'd be careful... :rollin

Guest tintgod
I am thinking he can afford the ceramic line :lol Now only if I can convince him that the ceramic film will reject heat better than the NV film (not sure what shade they used).

:poke I'd be careful... :lol

mmmmmm...tinted glass

I am sure it is heat strengthened/tempered glass with a slight hue of green to them. Heck I put MG-05 on similar glass and it hasnt been an issue. I scheduled it for the late afternoon so I could get a feel for what he is needing. I am thinking of the Geoshield 30 or 40 as suggestion to him. The front of the building in the picture is facing North his windows will be on the top floor west corner.

Went out there today. Very nice guy, cautious but nice. Before I went out I called my film rep and he said he would warranty the tinted glass as lon as the factory tint was on the outer glass panel, which it was. However the NV film he had put on looked like crapola--- contamination, old dried out water pockets.some of the corners peeling..and this was done by one of the bigger companies in the area. Boy it sure does make me feel like my end products is far superior for sure--I make take a little longer but at least it looks professional. Anyways, there are some of the windows with a factory greenish blue hue to it and some are clear. All are currently tinted over with 3M NV and have been since last June. Since he was so leary of putting a replacement film on, I put him on the phone with a recent customer who I installed geoshield on in her sunroom to cut down on the heat to give him proof of the film's effectiveness. He said that made him less cautious and made him feel a little better. And for the KICKER, I told him I would put it in writing that if he did not notice a significant decrease in heat and glare after installing ceramic film, I would remove the film and refund his money. At that point, he stated I just sold him. Now I know some of you may say, I am an idiot for doing that, but If you dont believe in the product you are selling, then what does that say about you. This guy was already given the run around when the other film got their money and ran and pretty much said you are sh!t out of luck when it wasnt working for him. And he wasnt one of those never can satisfy customers, I felt the heat and glare he was talking about when the sun peaked thru the clouds a little today.

ae8bb6595b.jpg

55aa656f27.jpg

Guest darkdan

All depends on which NV is installed and which geo you're using.

Take off NV45 and install Geo30....yeah and improvement.

Remove NV15/25/35 and he may not notice a difference.

But at least it will look better.

Archived