Unhappy 3M customer

All depends on which NV is installed and which geo you're using.

Take off NV45 and install Geo30....yeah and improvement.

Remove NV15/25/35 and he may not notice a difference.

But at least it will look better.

Yeah it was NV45.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

NV45 is the worst choice for West exposure but it probably was the only film the previous dealer had that least affected the look of the building (If they even took it into consideration :beer ). White blinds are going to make even a single-ply 30% ceramic jump out on those clear panes when the blinds are closed and it will look brown. If there is a HOA in that building and they have CC&R's against changing the exterior appearance of the building, your customer could be forced to remove the film. That would be bad.

If I had a choice 60%-70%vlt XIR preferably AG technology and get the HOA's blessing if there are any CC&R's. But to guarantee the high dollar stuff will feel more comfortable than the NV 45 did? Wew! It works, but the court of personal opinion can be brutal. :dunno

You're a risk taker CE :) Hopefully the heat rejection improves since it is NV 45 but taking yours off and refunding 100% if he's not completely satisified :) that could get costly with ceramics.

I wouldnt be able to sleep at night if I threw some film on and the customer didnt think there was any improvement. What am I supposed to do, take his cash and say see yah, hope everything works out for the best. You gotta stand by your films 100%...Because customers can see right thru you after they been jipped already by another company.

NV45 is the worst choice for West exposure but it probably was the only film the previous dealer had that least affected the look of the building (If they even took it into consideration :) ). White blinds are going to make even a single-ply 30% ceramic jump out on those clear panes when the blinds are closed and it will look brown. If there is a HOA in that building and they have CC&R's against changing the exterior appearance of the building, your customer could be forced to remove the film. That would be bad.

If I had a choice 60%-70%vlt XIR preferably AG technology and get the HOA's blessing if there are any CC&R's. But to guarantee the high dollar stuff will feel more comfortable than the NV 45 did? Wew! It works, but the court of personal opinion can be brutal. :)

I asked the guy did they offer you anything from the prestige line? He said "whats that?" I said its the top of the line 3m carries. He said, really? the previous guy said this was the top of the line stuff... :thumb Now see this previous A-hole has just made my sell even harder. How is the customer going to trust anyone that walks thru the door with film samples in tow?? And as far as the color, the Geoshield has a slight greenish blue hue to the films which will blend in nicely. And as you can see in the pictures the current brown film is not noticeable from the exterior. He had his shades closed when I arrived and I happened to look up.

You're also moving up from VLR of 9.4% to 13%.

I'd say it's time to go-go-gadget Huper Optik or V-Kool.

Actually Dan, I spoke with someone from MidWest and they have some nice VKool pricing and they do partial rolls!!! No Buy In! GettyUP!

Guest vclimber

Actually Dan, I spoke with someone from MidWest and they have some nice VKool pricing and they do partial rolls!!! No Buy In! GettyUP!

:lol2 Just don't let them find out where that condo is located otherwise you might end up losing the job to your dist. :lol2

:lol2 Just don't let them find out where that condo is located otherwise you might end up losing the job to your dist. :lol2

It is :lol2 to have a distributor who competes against you as a dealer.

Even more :mad that a dealer would spend a penny with a distributor like that.

Yeah I heard that about them. Hey if they do get it, they would hire me to hang it for $2.50 per sf (thats what they pay) And then I would have to warranty it...lol I believe there isnt any other VKool dealer within 150 miles of Columbus...

Archived