Heat shrinking veins ?????

Guest marcm

Guest marcm

This is probably a simple one for you hardened shrinkers. I tried to shrink the film on my back window, just playing for now to get it right.

I cleaned the window, roughly cut the film to fit, removed the film from the dry window and created two wet spots either side of the centre point of the window.

I then preceded to squeege to find the fingers. Then started to apply the heat from the top right corner to start shrinking, great it started to shrink but there were veins appearing that no matter how much I heated and smoothed I couldnt get rid of them. The only think I could think of was the fact that the film was a points adhered to the window with the water.

Maybe the next attempt will be dry shrink using the baby powder.

Any tips anyone ??

Thanks

Guest accurate
This is probably a simple one for you hardened shrinkers. I tried to shrink the film on my back window, just playing for now to get it right.

I cleaned the window, roughly cut the film to fit, removed the film from the dry window and created two wet spots either side of the centre point of the window.

I then preceded to squeege to find the fingers. Then started to apply the heat from the top right corner to start shrinking, great it started to shrink but there were veins appearing that no matter how much I heated and smoothed I couldnt get rid of them. The only think I could think of was the fact that the film was a points adhered to the window with the water.

Maybe the next attempt will be dry shrink using the baby powder.

Any tips anyone ??

Thanks

lmao_.jpg

Guest Thetintcenter
created two wet spots either side of the centre point of the window.

Any tips anyone ??

Thanks

Not enough wet spots? :dunno

I hate wet spots! :beer

Guest clint4883

I use to wet shrink everything until the last 2 weeks or so and I have to say I hate everyone of you that have been dry shrinking for a while. its not even fair how much easier and faster it is to dry shrink. just want to say ya'll are all cheaters! I can't believe what a difference it makes, faster and less fingers to heat up after the film is on the backglass.

Archived