Customer I wanted to stab with my Red dot Today

Just wanted the olfa guy to know he isnt alone....please excuse the third party speak in some parts

I tinted an office complex interior door with white frost about a month ago. Well I get a call last week from a guy who's office is next door. He said he liked what I did to his neighbor's office door and wanted the same thing done. He also said he had vinyl lettering on the inside of the door so he needed that replaced as well since I couldnt tint over it. Well I told him I could do that as well and he asked me how much? I gave him the price on the vinyl removal and to re apply it. He said wow, the guy who did it before was $10 cheaper..(1st clue of trouble). Just as I was about to say "well get your vinyl guy to come back and do it, he says, well I am not going to beat you up for $10 (yeah right) Then he goes on to say, well I am not happy but I guess I will pay it since you are going to be here anyways. Well I get there at the crack of dawn (11am) as scheduled. Walk up the four flight of stairs to his office. As I am wiping the sweat from my brow and trying to catch my breath using Le Mas breathing, I start to cry as I read the handwritten note on the door that read "Will be back at 2pm". I turn around and sliver back down the 4 flights of stairs trying not to let the rage inside of me force its way out in the form of a shart. I get in my truck, take a deep breath and dial his number, of course he doesnt answer because its the OFFICE NUMBER!!!! Damn I forgot to write his cell number on his receipt!!!!! I calmly turn on Howard Stern to get back into focus...OKay I'm Back. I drive across the street to Starbucks and catch a wi-fi signal on my laptop and look up his email he sent me the other day to confirm yes he confirmed! Ironic now... Okay I got his cell phone number from the email. Hard to dial now after downing that grande latte....seeing double...hands shaking....Focus...Focus.... RRRRRing..........RRRRRRing...VOICEMAIL!!!!!! He finally answers after the 5th call. Oh, yeah I had to run out of the office to pick up some contracts...sorry about that...I should be there within 15 minutes....Its 11:45am now mind you. I said well if you arent here by noon, I will be leaving. He gets there at 11:59 DAMN!!! I drag all my stuff back up the 4 flights of stairs AGAIN. Get started...All goes well until about 10 minutes into it, people keep walking in and out...excuse me ,,,,excuse me,,,,,,Fvck You cant you see I am working here, crawl through the window for all I care. Calm down calm down...Think Pleasant thoughts.....I am on a beach, warm breeze, corona...bikinis...Snap out of it and concentrate. Okay 15 minutes later I am done with the frost. Start working on the vinyl lettering (yes it is all spelled correctly)...lol 15 minutes later....I AM DONE!!!. He comes out to look at it. He notices the one and only one tiny weenie air bubble in one of the letters (clue 2) "can you fix this" "I had the previous vinyl guy come back and replace the letters before because of this (clue 3) You should try using a needle, thats what he did....Trust me buddy If I had a needle I wouldnt use it to poke the vinyl... :dunno "Oh what about the hairlike gaps around the edges? You couldnt butt the tint against the rubber seals?" (clue????) I got paid and left...and before I left he says "Hey do you have any samples of solar film, my wife has been getting after me to tint our big 1/2 moon shaped entry window" I said, no, I dont, but I will mail you some....(That will be the day)

100_1764.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I woulda left him a hand written note on his door,

"Was here to do the work at the confirmed appointed time, but due to lack of access, was unable to do the work as scheduled, will be back (insert time 5 min before he closes)"

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:lol2 what's the problem, send him some solar samples, and go do his house.

One thing you need to learn in business (commercial jobs) is :lol2 happens, and other people are working and trying to make money as well, not just you :lol2:dunno

Anyways, quit your sniveling, and walk it off :beer:lol:lol2:lol

:lol2 what's the problem, send him some solar samples, and go do his house.

One thing you need to learn in business (commercial jobs) is :lol2 happens, and other people are working and trying to make money as well, not just you :lol:dunno

Anyways, quit your sniveling, and walk it off :lol:lol2:beer:lol2

If you werent sitting down I bich slap you...oh wait your standing up.... :lol

Oh the bastard called today and said the on reversed adhesive business name line I put on the building entry was a little too small and couldnt be seen from the outside due to tint on the glass. BTW he told me the other office names vinyl was on the inside and the were about 1 1/2 inches tall. SO I went by his specs. He wants me to come out and replace it. I told him it would cost $30 to do that. He was like, you cant replace it for free since you made the mistake. I was like WTF I went by your specs so it was your mistake and I dont do anything for free as I am sure you dont as well in your line of work. He then said well thats not good customer service....I then preceded to hang up on this A-hole. SOME F'ing PEOPLE...lol BTW this was only a $150 initial job I decided to do on a slow day. Does he think this is going to break make or break me????lol

Guest FilmBlazer
Oh the bastard called today and said the on reversed adhesive business name line I put on the building entry was a little too small and couldnt be seen from the outside due to tint on the glass. BTW he told me the other office names vinyl was on the inside and the were about 1 1/2 inches tall. SO I went by his specs. He wants me to come out and replace it. I told him it would cost $30 to do that. He was like, you cant replace it for free since you made the mistake. I was like WTF I went by your specs so it was your mistake and I dont do anything for free as I am sure you dont as well in your line of work. He then said well thats not good customer service....I then preceded to hang up on this A-hole. SOME F'ing PEOPLE...lol BTW this was only a $150 initial job I decided to do on a slow day. Does he think this is going to break make or break me????lol

Be happy you got the $150. I would have lost the job to my competitor for $65.

:krazy

I woulda left him a hand written note on his door,

"Was here to do the work at the confirmed appointed time, but due to lack of access, was unable to do the work as scheduled, will be back (insert time 5 min before he closes)"

Now that is what I'm talkin about!

I would have made the customer happy.... :rollin I'm a total kiss ass........... :beer

Ya me too prolly. But I wouldn't have cut any lettering before seeing it either though. Make him happy CE and he will tell everyone how awesome you are for putting up with his :beer

Archived