08' c350

smookee408@yahoo.com

Guest Mo Evo

Easy car to tint. But I find the rear seat headrests difficult to remove and nearly impossible to reinstall. The headrest 'struts' are so long that you can't get it past the headliner to angle it down, then it's hard up against the back glass you just tinted. The rear seatback doesn't drop down either.

Guest naughtydog

I did one of these today...the gut was a complete asshat. Spotted 3 specks and thought it was the end of the world. I hate assholes like that.

Anyway, back to the job.

I did'nt pull the panels but found the rub rail was tight and down low on the inside, on one door I slipped it behind but on the rest I left it a little higher on the inside after pre shrinking and snapping the film. It was much better this way.

The backglass was OK, there is an awkward area behind the brake light. I got 3 tiny little marks as I reverse rolled it on and had it a little too low, I really need to get into installing windows like this with the frankie method.

Monique - how do you do the doors on these?

ND

Guest Bladez

I strip the rear seats and deck out, the bench seat pushes back and then pulls up, the back rest has two release levers in the boot, if you climb in the boot you will see a metal box section running from one side of the car to the other, you will find two small holes in this if you lie on your back and look upwards, you need a torch and a pick tool to release the levers. The entire seat then lifts out, sounds a pain in the arse but once youv'e done one its straight forward.

Guest naughtydog
I strip the rear seats and deck out, the bench seat pushes back and then pulls up, the back rest has two release levers in the boot, if you climb in the boot you will see a metal box section running from one side of the car to the other, you will find two small holes in this if you lie on your back and look upwards, you need a torch and a pick tool to release the levers. The entire seat then lifts out, sounds a pain in the arse but once youv'e done one its straight forward.

....sounds like hassle - but a nice job at the end.

Guest Bladez

You definately need a torch and not a torx! - the holes are small and you cannot see the release levers without one. Even with one, its a pain in the ar5e

Archived