Help, Viper 791xv wont bypass zones

Guest joselow

Guest joselow

I would like to start out by saying that there has been some great info from all of you. So thank you. Ok my story is this... I have a 02 Ford Explorer that my friend ( used to install for Circuit City ) installed a Viper 791xv on, with 508D prox sensor, supplied dual shock sensor and (2) 530T window modules for all windows up/down. I have only 2 issues really.

1. When the system is armed my dome light stays on for a small period of time ( probably stock timer ) and will not turn off imediatly when armed which is what I believe is suppossed to happen. This also is triggering an extra chirp after arming and the remote displays the door going off.

2. The manual also states that I should be able to bypass a zone immediatly after arming by pressing the arm button again a certain number of times depending on what zone you want to be pass. Then it will chirp a number of times matching the number of the zone that was bypassed. But.. when I do so all that happens is the alarm full triggers for about a half second and zone(s) are not bypassed.

We have the prox sensor in zone 2 and dual shock in zone 1 I believe. Although without being able to bypass the prox we cant even test the shock sensor. We did connect the prox through the shock sensor like most have suggested and it works fine for warning trigger and full trigget inside and out. Would really be great if I could bypass the prox when im at home since I live in an apartment complex and neigbors are always setting it off ( only at home though cause parking spaces are close ). Until I resolve this I cant even use the alarm at home. If anyone knows anything I can try to resolve the issue(s) that would be amazing. Thanks

Sounds like both issues can be resolved by just programming the alarm... turn dome light delay bypass on and enable the sensor bypass...

Should be that simple.. if he has a bitwriter.... even easier! :rollin

Archived