Giving away your hard earned money.........

Recentyl, I have seen a few trheads in the normal area with posters asking for tips on tinting cars. Upon reading it again, I realized these were common people, not pros, looking for training on how to tint. Since anyone is able to sign up here, we need to be careful on who we give tips to. This is only giving away our (your,since I do not do cars) hard earned money!!! What do you think???

:rollin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tips on here are NOT going to train competition....there may be a few that can get a few tips and watch a few videos and just simply take off on tinting, but WE know that it is not as simple as we make it out to be....

I wouldn't worry about it....help them out a bit and WHEN they fail to get it very good they will be coming to a pro-shop.

My 2 cents....

if they are here they wont learn till the autozone film is on the floor in a crumpled mess. its the know it all, I can learn anything if I have access to a forum dude. At least they have access to shops on here once they do realize its too hard to DIY.

Guest tintgod

would you give away tinting tips to some random person that comes into your shop that you dont even know?.. :thumb so why would you do it with someone you dont know on the net?

would you give away tinting tips to some random person that comes into your shop that you dont even know?.. :thumb so why would you do it with someone you dont know on the net?

Someone comes into my shop they are potential competitors. Someone getting a few tips online.....not likely to be. At the same time I work in small enough towns that most will not be able to do tinting unless they do it semi-mobile like I do and I have the best locations in the towns I am in....so let them come up and try.

Guest tintgod
would you give away tinting tips to some random person that comes into your shop that you don't even know?.. :thumb so why would you do it with someone you don't know on the net?

Someone comes into my shop they are potential competitors. Someone getting a few tips online.....not likely to be. At the same time I work in small enough towns that most will not be able to do tinting unless they do it semi-mobile like I do and I have the best locations in the towns I am in....so let them come up and try.

but that isn't the case for everyone is it?

but you don't have a problem giving my potential competition tips...that is what some don't understand on here..sure..it may not hurt you..but you have to think of the other professional tinter out there.

Guest tintgod

where do you live?...im going to come to your town and put on a free tint clinic.. :mad:lol2

I go to my only competition and give them tips and tricks. I feel that I am only improving the industry. I would rather someone be putting out good quality tint jobs than doing some crappy work and it giving the whole industry a black eye....

Sorry if you feel that a few tips on here will train COMPETITION for you. If it only takes a few tips on here then they were already competition or you have a lot to do to be on top......

not trying to be in a fight....just stating my opinion

Guest haroldshouseoftint
would you give away tinting tips to some random person that comes into your shop that you dont even know?.. :lol2 so why would you do it with someone you dont know on the net?

where do you live?...im going to come to your town and put on a free tint clinic.. :chuck:mad

So who's gonna be your tinter :chuck:lol2

Yep, lots o free info on the net, and ALOT of newbies learning a trade that took me a long time to learn SELF TAUGHT, there was no interweb help, youtube etc etc when I got into this, so Ya I agree with TG, it may not hurt you small town I'm the onlt tinter for 500 miles, but when there is a tint shop on every corner in your town, compleyly diferent story :thumb

Archived