Warranty work???

Got a call today from my dist, a (major film company) asking my if I can do some warranty work for him, I ask details and he tells me this is how it goes.. He sends his custy to me who has a warranty card from the previous tinter and he has a claim that the film is foggy? So custy comes to me, I r&r window, get copy of warranty and peice of old film and my new roll #s send to manufacturer and get a $20 rebate on next order.. Does this sound normal? Custy lived in Fla. and relocated to Illinois.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JUSTIN

You need to ask your dist. what is up! That is absurd....and you need to bring this up to them immediately...if you just mull in anger and don't say anything to you, they will think this is acceptable treatment. You took care of THEIR nationwide warranty, and $20 doesn't cover it. You should already have in place price list of what they pay for warranty, and most mfrg's pay x amount for a full r&r. I got more for r&r 1 door that what you received.

Good luck

Guest thatsnappyguy

I have never done a complete warranty job before. too much bs involved..not to mention not too many ppl actually keep all thier reciepts and warranty card together after so many years.

You need to ask your dist. what is up! That is absurd....and you need to bring this up to them immediately...if you just mull in anger and don't say anything to you, they will think this is acceptable treatment. You took care of THEIR nationwide warranty, and $20 doesn't cover it. You should already have in place price list of what they pay for warranty, and most mfrg's pay x amount for a full r&r. I got more for r&r 1 door that what you received.

Good luck

this is for one roll up, are you saying he quoted me lower then is usually paid out? and how often does this type of thing happen?

I use to get $30 per side window and $80 per back glass......not sure what it would be in today. Those were a few years back. It still is not enough especially if you didn't do the original job. $20 is way too little to be doing a r&r on anything unless you are a $69 any car sort of person.....

Archived