Warranty work???

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie
Way too low is'nt the workfor it.............and tell us, who was the Company that did this........this is how we all can know to watch out for this and from whom.....

they all try it dont they :thumb I dont have much experience with warranty work

Guest Da Beach

Oh boy....I'm gonna have fun with this one :thumb

Warranty work is for the birds. Who started this so-called lifetime warranty anyway :chuck

Did the tint makers think their stuff was going to last forever :mad

If you choose to do the wty work, just make sure you control the situation. Ask for cash of at least 50% of amount you need to charge. :lol2

Ask yourself thess questions;

Will the grocery clerk accept a roll of tint as payment for your food?

Will the power company accept a roll of tint as payment for your power?

Will the water company accept a roll of tint as payment?

When you need a car...do you take a truck full of tint to make a deal?

The one big plus or positive that will happen if you take care of the warranty work. That customer you took care of will most definitely mention to others about how you cared for them even though you didn't initially do the work. Now that's customer service.

Did your distributor only ask you? Do you know if he checked other shops? If so, what was their response to his request?

just my thoughts :chuck

Oh boy....I'm gonna have fun with this one :thumb

Warranty work is for the birds. Who started this so-called lifetime warranty anyway :chuck

Did the tint makers think their stuff was going to last forever :mad

If you choose to do the wty work, just make sure you control the situation. Ask for cash of at least 50% of amount you need to charge. :lol2

Ask yourself thess questions;

Will the grocery clerk accept a roll of tint as payment for your food?

Will the power company accept a roll of tint as payment for your power?

Will the water company accept a roll of tint as payment?

When you need a car...do you take a truck full of tint to make a deal?

The one big plus or positive that will happen if you take care of the warranty work. That customer you took care of will most definitely mention to others about how you cared for them even though you didn't initially do the work. Now that's customer service.

Did your distributor only ask you? Do you know if he checked other shops? If so, what was their response to his request?

just my thoughts :chuck

Good points, not sure if he asked anyone else. And the custy mentioning me to others is the what I had in mind to make up for this little fiasko

Guest goldtooth
you get credit on warranty....charge full price ..plus 30%.

Thats how it's done. You dont take the warranty hit...they do.

:twocents

:twocents like tz said

Guest JUSTIN
You need to ask your dist. what is up! That is absurd....and you need to bring this up to them immediately...if you just mull in anger and don't say anything to you, they will think this is acceptable treatment. You took care of THEIR nationwide warranty, and $20 doesn't cover it. You should already have in place price list of what they pay for warranty, and most mfrg's pay x amount for a full r&r. I got more for r&r 1 door that what you received.

Good luck

this is for one roll up, are you saying he quoted me lower then is usually paid out? and how often does this type of thing happen?

yes, you should have received $30 for 1 roll up, and $200 for an entire car. These prices are way too low already, and it's unacceptable to lower it even further :twocents Since you are only talking about $10.00 you need to weigh how much your time is worth fighting over $10.00. With this said, you need to have a price list in hand knowing what is paid for so that you don't agree to work for little to nothing to "help" the mfr. If they want you to pay for their product going bad when you didn't originate the sale, you need to be compensated more for your time. Next time you know, and when they call you...you can say...yeah I will take care of it for $x amount....not $20...if they don't appreciate you negotiating a fair price, they can call another tint shop and send the work there for what they want to pay. We are all here to earn a living not be taken advantage of....

Guest tintgod
You need to ask your dist. what is up! That is absurd....and you need to bring this up to them immediately...if you just mull in anger and don't say anything to you, they will think this is acceptable treatment. You took care of THEIR nationwide warranty, and $20 doesn't cover it. You should already have in place price list of what they pay for warranty, and most mfrg's pay x amount for a full r&r. I got more for r&r 1 door that what you received.

Good luck

this is for one roll up, are you saying he quoted me lower then is usually paid out? and how often does this type of thing happen?

yes, you should have received $30 for 1 roll up, and $200 for an entire car. These prices are way too low already, and it's unacceptable to lower it even further :twocents Since you are only talking about $10.00 you need to weigh how much your time is worth fighting over $10.00. With this said, you need to have a price list in hand knowing what is paid for so that you don't agree to work for little to nothing to "help" the mfr. If they want you to pay for their product going bad when you didn't originate the sale, you need to be compensated more for your time. Next time you know, and when they call you...you can say...yeah I will take care of it for $x amount....not $20...if they don't appreciate you negotiating a fair price, they can call another tint shop and send the work there for what they want to pay. We are all here to earn a living not be taken advantage of....

couldnt have said it better myself. :twocents

Archived