3M window films

Guest universaltint

Guest universaltint

Does anyone here have a lot of experience with the 3M films CS range BS range and FX range, any feed back and thought would be great.

Guest darkdan

I hate shrinking the CS. However, I do use it as an upsell film. Most people don't want to pay the outrageous amount I charge for it.

The Tint FX-HP I use a lot of. It works really nice. Color is a bit green. It's held up in MN for nearly three years (I installed it on a work truck at my day job).

The black chrome is an awesome looking film.

we only use the CS. it is difficult to shrink at the beginning, but if you hang in there it gets easy. however it cant do crazy hard backglasses. ive done one bug in it in 1 piece and it came back cuz it looked hazy from being shrunk too much. ive never done a new vette with it because of this.

Guest universaltint

Thanks Guys great responces im very interested VIP if you have pinching or preassure marks with you cs film I use a lot of it on Hondas and noticing a mark along the top of the glass do you get simular problems there?

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

I've been having a few issues with the cs. I've been seeing a few blotchy spots where it looks like there is glue that clumped up months after the install. Also I've seen some hazyness from shrinking. I pretty much only dry shrink, and wouldn't say that the film has been overshrunk (it was a new G8). These are not problems I want to have with the price that I pay for this tint. :evilgrin I've been considering either sunteck carbon, or global fusion or nr to see how they are. If any brand is not color stable I don't even want a sample roll of it. forget it.

I have....on every car I've used it on.

Subarus. 350z.. Altimas etc....Same here and just as I was perfecting the shrink.. I had to hold off up selling untill the problem is resolved. The good news was never had a peel up in over 3000 sg ft of installs in 12 months. :beach

Archived