Non-compete agreement

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bulldog
Anyone have a non-compete agreement I can take a look at. I'm thinking about hiring, however, I don't want to hire in my future competition. Thanks in advance.

Unless you have a patented process, most all will not hold up in court. Some do if you limit geographic area and put a time frame on it.

Anyone have a non-compete agreement I can take a look at. I'm thinking about hiring, however, I don't want to hire in my future competition. Thanks in advance.

Dude... just spend the dough.... Hire a professional to draft one up for you..

Just keep in mind.....at the end of the day you can't keep a dude from making a living.. It doesn't matter how much paperwork you have...

Guest UTMOST

If you do it correctly they hold up in court. Smart move and good luck. At the end of the day you can keep someone you trained and gave a place to groom their craft from taking food off your table.

The dent business uses 'corporate espionage' to prevent their trainees from digging directly into their business... but you can't keep a man from his or her trade..

You can keep them from using privilaged information (contacts at car dealerships, pricing strategies, marketing tactics, etc...).. but not from making a living...

This is where a good attorney will come in handy to help you with your situation specific to your area.

Guest jpswanson

The first company I worked with when I was learning tried to get me to sign one, apparantly in ontario, it is supposedly !llegal to make someone sign one. My wife works for a lawyer and he told me sign it or dont sign it, it doesnt matter either way, noone can do anything about it! So I didnt sign and it was never brought up again. I left cuz they didnt pay well.... so pay your guy what he deserves and you wont have to worry about them taking your business away from you.

Archived