Non-compete agreement

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what Im using possilby tomarrow when I meet with a new guy:

For good consideration and as an inducement for_________________ (Company) to employ _________________________ (Employee), the undersigned Employee hereby agrees not to directly or indirectly compete with the business of the Company and its successors and assigns during the period of employment and for a period of _____ years following termination of employment and notwithstanding the cause or reason for termination.

The term "not compete" as used herein shall mean that the Employee shall not own, manage, operate, consult or be employed in a business substantially similar to, or competitive with, the present business of the Company or such other business activity in which the Company may substantially engage during the term of employment.

The Employee acknowledges that the Company shall or may in reliance of this agreement provide Employee access to trade secrets, customers and other confidential data and good will. Employee agrees to retain said information as confidential and not to use said information on his or her own behalf or disclose same to any third party.

This non-compete agreement shall extend only for a radius of ________ miles from the present location of the Company and shall be in full force and effect for ________ years, commencing with the date of employment termination.

This agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors, assigns, and personal representatives.

Signed this _____ day of ________________________ 20____.

Company

Employee

Generally speaking, most non-competes wont hold up. The reason why? Unless you have copywrited trade secrets that are to be protected, the courts say you cannot stop someone from making a living. And the courts usually take into consideration that these are signed under duress.

I would think that one could make a non-compete good for a number of years but not simply "following" termination. I agree that one should not be able to learn a trade and just jump out on their own, but at the same time if the employee puts in enough years then they have more than paid for whatever training that they may get.

Put a dollar amount on the training that is received and make it something like that.....sort of like an early termination of a cell phone contract!

that is simply my 2 cents though....

For good consideration and as an inducement for_________________ (Company) to employ _________________________ (Employee), the undersigned Employee hereby agrees not to directly or indirectly compete with the business of the Company and its successors and assigns during the period of employment and for a period of _____ years following termination of employment and notwithstanding the cause or reason for termination.

The term "not compete" as used herein shall mean that the Employee shall not own, manage, operate, consult or be employed in a business substantially similar to, or competitive with, the present business of the Company or such other business activity in which the Company may substantially engage during the term of employment.

The Employee acknowledges that the Company shall or may in reliance of this agreement provide Employee access to trade secrets, customers and other confidential data and good will. Employee agrees to retain said information as confidential and not to use said information on his or her own behalf or disclose same to any third party.

This non-compete agreement shall extend only for a radius of ________ miles from the present location of the Company and shall be in full force and effect for ________ years, commencing with the date of employment termination.

This agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors, assigns, and personal representatives.

Company

Employee

Make sure you print it on some good rolling papers so it will actually be good for something. :bingo

KY is an "at will work state". that non compete worth about as much as the paper its written on. Pay them what there worth. Give them a good work enviroment. give em some benifits. Give em a career and it wont be an issue.

Company

Employee

Make sure you print it on some good rolling papers so it will actually be good for something. :poke

:evileye

Please you guys are forgetting this is the USA

Land of the free.

What a little bunch of crying

Tinters . I can see if you train a guy .

What If he

Has more exp. tints better. Your looking for a person that would bleed 4 U.

I had a job tell me I couldn't

Do any outside work.

Think there a good idea in only if you train them. Or you have accounts.

I mean &&&&& on there's a tint shops on every block.

Archived