V-Cool

Guest customcuttinting

Guest customcuttinting

Hey guys, has anyone had any experience with V-Cool on auto's? Heat shrinking primarily. I'm thinking of offering it at my automotive shop and would love to hear some feedback, good and bad if any. thx

Guest darkdan

Search the site for V-Kool and you'll find all kinds of info on it.

VERY hard to shrink. Requires a different skill set than normal.

Guest Litespeeds

V-Kool does not shrink well at all. Actually let me rephrase that. The film shrinks like crazy if you put a little too much heat on it. It does not take well to heat at all and if you shrink it like a normal film, it will just shrivel up right in front of your eyes and you will have just wasted a good chunk of change as this film is very expensive.

I have done some back windows with V-Kool and most can not be done in one piece without a few relief cuts. There is a special way to shrink this film and I am still trying to master it. I am able to do VW Beetle front door windows with this film but it takes me something like 10-15 minutes to shrink each door. I think I am the only V-Kool dealer in Northern California.

Guest customcuttinting
V-Kool does not shrink well at all. Actually let me rephrase that. The film shrinks like crazy if you put a little too much heat on it. It does not take well to heat at all and if you shrink it like a normal film, it will just shrivel up right in front of your eyes and you will have just wasted a good chunk of change as this film is very expensive.

I have done some back windows with V-Kool and most can not be done in one piece without a few relief cuts. There is a special way to shrink this film and I am still trying to master it. I am able to do VW Beetle front door windows with this film but it takes me something like 10-15 minutes to shrink each door. I think I am the only V-Kool dealer in Northern California.

Thanks for the tips. Our other store here in Phoenix is Accent By Masters. Strictly flatglass. Commercial and residential. I however run the automotive store down the street. V-cool is what I was thinking of putting on some hi-end cars. We are the only V-cool dealer in phoenix. Thx

Guest haroldshouseoftint

Thanks for the tips. Our other store here in Phoenix is Accent By Masters. Strictly flatglass. Commercial and residential. I however run the automotive store down the street. V-cool is what I was thinking of putting on some hi-end cars. We are the only V-cool dealer in phoenix. Thx

:klingon If it's anything like shrinking Huper Drei, yes, it can be done, not fun, but it can be done.

I've never used any VKool, so I don't know how it shrinks.

Archived